News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi Amazon NOT-A-SALE today

Started by Maine_Yankee, September 20, 2016, 07:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maine_Yankee

I went to Amazon today to get another 202, in response to the email I got.

Amazon has the 202 on sale, but for the every-day price.

I am not happy at all.

lhm.

Same here.

Email from Obi on 9/15/2016.

Save on the OBi202 (Sep 20) and the OBi200 (Sep 27) on Amazon

We will be having a sale on the OBi202 on Sep 20 and the OBi200 on Sep 27. If you have been thinking about getting a new OBi200 or OBi202 device, remember to mark this on your calendar. For those who are using the OBi100 or OBi110 (both have reached its End of Life) and wish to upgrade your device, this is also a great time to get the OBi200 or OBi202 as your replacement device.

Wald

Agree.

To obtain the so-called sale price, Amazon requires you to sign-up for their "Prime" service.
(site states the sale is: "Exclusively for Prime Members".)

Shame on ObiHai for labeling this a "Sale".

UPDATE:  Just checked NEWEGG and their everyday price on the OBi202 is $69.99 w/free shipping.
________

You can make your thoughts known by contacting: sales@obihai.com

spackle

I have Prime, and presently there is no "sale price" (yet, anyway)
The obi202 is the same $69.99 it's been all week.

Taoman

I just fired off an email to both "support" and "info" to try and get clarification on this.

Miguelito

Likewise disappointed. After I got the email I was looking forward to the opportunity to replace my 110.

Maybe Hanlon's Razor applies here and this was just some mixup which I hope will be fixed, but Obi seems to be fostering a bit of confusion on the prices of their units.

The de facto "regular" price for the 202 on Amazon and Newegg has been $69.99 for some time, but the Amazon page says the "list" price is $99.99 and this forum page I'm writing from has a link to Amazon that says the price is $74.99!

Taoman

It appears it's actually the OBi200 that has a "deal" price today.

https://www.amazon.com/OBi200-VoIP-Phone-Adapter-T-38/dp/B00BUV7C9A/?tag=ds0233-20

Just received this from Obihai:
QuoteHi,

There has been a mix-up in the dates for the sale of the OBi200 and the OBi202 on our newsletter. Today's sale (Sep 20) is for the OBi200, which comes at a price of $44.19. Please check back on Sep 27 for the sale on the OBi202.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Obihai Technology

lhm.

Just got the same email from info@obihai.com. With shipping and tax it will cost me $55.32 - I think not.

Marketing

There has been a mix-up in the dates for the sale of the OBi200 and the OBi202 on our newsletter. Today's sale (Sep 20) is for the OBi200, which comes at a price of $44.19. Please check back on Sep 27 for the sale on the OBi202.

Regards,
Obihai Technology

Wald

Quote from: Marketing on September 20, 2016, 11:20:54 AM

Regards,
Obihai Technology

Could you also explain pricing differences for the Obi202 between OBiHai and Amazon as noted by Miguelito

Ozzie

Well this sucks. I was going to pick up another Obi200 today, to convert my parents phone, but it's the Obi202 that's on sale. Obi200 is $49.97, Obi202 is $61.19. Why would you go to the trouble to send out an email advertising a sale, and then not send out a correction email when you figured out the dates were wrong???

LeoKing

I bought the OBi202 last time Newegg had it on sale in 11/2015 for $49.99 shipped. Today, Amazon has the OBi202 on sale for $61.19 + tax. I'll wait for next sale.

Ember1205

I'm with the rest of you.

A) The "sale" is a joke in terms of the costs.

B) The dates are reversed. I purposefully waited until today because I wanted to smaller, less expensive device and found out that it was on sale LAST WEEK.

C) The fact that the OBI202 has sold for as low as $54.99 on Amazon, today's "sale" is no bargain.

Hey, Obihai. Why don't you run another sale with GOOD sale prices, tell us about it, and get the dates right this time?

Taoman

Quote from: Ozzie on September 27, 2016, 01:31:32 PM
Why would you go to the trouble to send out an email advertising a sale, and then not send out a correction email when you figured out the dates were wrong???

I actually received one on the 20th. But I contacted info and support directly so I don't know if this email went out to the whole mailing list or just me.
Quote from: ObihaiHi,

Regards,
Obihai Technology

Agreed this was not much of a "sale."

DaniloC

Quote from: Ember1205 on September 27, 2016, 05:39:25 PM
I'm with the rest of you.

A) The "sale" is a joke in terms of the costs.

B) The dates are reversed. I purposefully waited until today because I wanted to smaller, less expensive device and found out that it was on sale LAST WEEK.

C) The fact that the OBI202 has sold for as low as $54.99 on Amazon, today's "sale" is no bargain.

Hey, Obihai. Why don't you run another sale with GOOD sale prices, tell us about it, and get the dates right this time?

LOL, correct. Their reaction once they realized the mistake was flawless.....they just didnt do anything.
Horrible (actually none) Customer Service

I bought the last OBI200 on newegg.com for 30USD  (just 1 per person was possible)
Cheers

LeoKing

I bought two OBi200's from Newegg for $29.99 each in 12/2014. At that time, Newegg allowed 2 per person. Then I bought another OBi200 from Newegg in 11/2015 for $29.99. This time they allowed only one max per person. I am waiting for the OBihai sales on Newegg. Amazon sales were not good sales at all as said.

Edit: I bought one OBi200 in 9/2014 also at $29.99 from Newegg for my relative.

Taoman