News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

"Error 56" when dialing setup number

Started by redx, September 25, 2016, 10:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redx

I am attempting to set up a phone with an obi200 device, but am not able to dial the setup number. Dialing **5, **9, **8, **0, etc. all immediately result in an audio recording repeating "Error 56". I have tried just about everything I can think of and technical support was not able to provide me with any information about this error. Screenshots of config are attached.

drgeoff

1. Are you using an ordinary POTS type phone plugged directly into the OBi?

2. Try a factory reset as detailed on the FAQ page.

redx

I am using a POTS phone which works fine when connected to a conventional land line and have performed 2 factory resets. I have also made sure the firmware is at the latest version after the last reset. This is second unit that I have experienced this issue with.

LTN1

I don't have an answer but I did notice from your first screenshot that your firmware isn't the latest one (it shows build 5264). Perhaps try updating with the latest firmware just to see (though I doubt it would change anything):

Software version level: 3.1.0 (Build:5285)

http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-1-0-5285.fw

drgeoff

Any possibility that the phone is set to automatically add a prefix code to dialled numbers?

Try dialling ***0.  You should hear "Enter option followed by the pound key".  If you don't, try another phone and cord plugged directly into the Obi200.  If you still don't, you have a faulty OBi200.