News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 & 3 OBi100s: Can't get all to ring (GV)

Started by rufusputnam, October 12, 2016, 11:16:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rufusputnam

Hi - For years I've had three OBi100s all ringing from a single GV account, achieved by:

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute: ph,pp(20022xxxx),pp(30053xxxx)

...where each of pp parameters pointed to the other two OBi100s.

I just bought an OBi200 (so now I have 4 units total) but I can only get three units to ring from a GV call -- the OBi200 and two of the three OBi100s.

Interestingly, the unit that doesn't get rung always shows up in the OBi200's call history as "Failed: No Service", as shown on the attachment (the OBi200's Call History screen).

The phone that doesn't ring ("No Service") is functional, can call out, can receive incoming calls directed to it using the Obi number...and the phone that is indicated as having "No Service" in the OBi200 call history changes from call to call.

I assume I've got something set up wrong. So to simplify the question: what is the proper setup to have (1) OBi200 and (3) OBi100s ring simultaneously from a GV called number?

(additional info: I use local ip setup to provision the units, not the dashboard)...

azrobert

I don't think you described what you are doing correctly. Your routing code is in the SPx inbound route, not the OBiTalk inbound route. I know you are doing it correctly, so apologize for the correction.

The default will only allow 2 simultaneous calls over the OBiTalk network. You are sending 3, so the last will fail. If you haven't changed the default, this is your problem.

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> MaxSessions: 4

rufusputnam

Quote from: azrobert on October 12, 2016, 01:12:46 PM
I don't think you described what you are doing correctly. Your routing code is in the SPx inbound route, not the OBiTalk inbound route. I know you are doing it correctly, so apologize for the correction.

You're right, my post incorrectly says "Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> ..." when in fact it's actually ""Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> ..."  Good catch...

QuoteThe default will only allow 2 simultaneous calls over the OBiTalk network. You are sending 3, so the last will fail. If you haven't changed the default, this is your problem.

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> MaxSessions: 4

Yes! Now works as I'd hoped! Thanks...

You helped me a few years back as well, when I was first setting my Obi100s up...thanks once again for that too.

These are cool little devices. I've turned a lot of people on to them. I love that so many technical settings are available to make them perform in so many ways. Question: is there somewhere a good technical overview/tutorial of all these can do beyond simple call and answer functionality, and also a more detailed description of the parameters and settings? I'd like to understand better what I'm doing when I change parameters based on what I half-understand from browsing the forums and asking for help...

[/quote]

LTN1

Quote from: rufusputnam on October 12, 2016, 05:26:29 PM
Question: is there somewhere a good technical overview/tutorial of all these can do beyond simple call and answer functionality, and also a more detailed description of the parameters and settings? I'd like to understand better what

There is a manual here: http://obihai.com/docs/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf

But the best technical tutorial is in contributors like azrobert.