News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New OBi508vs power light flashing, but have ip address and limited menus

Started by timmo, October 05, 2016, 02:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmo

I'm trying to set up a new 508vs and the unit appears to be defective or preset in some unusual way.
- OBI508
Hardware ver: 1.2
Software ver 4.0.1(Build 5235)

Symptoms - after what seems to be a normal power up (all lights flash a couple of times), power light flashes green. However, if I connect a phone and enter "***1", it reads back a valid ip address. I can then access the web interface, logging in with user admin, password admin, but it only shows three menu sections: Status, Router Configuration and System Management. No Service Provider, no PHONE Port, etc.

After I login as admin, I enable VLAN and set a VLANID. When I attempt to submit this change, a message saying the settings were not save because the device is busy. But the settings are in fact saved, and when I reboot, it successfully receives an ip address on the new VLAN. Power light continues to flash green.

Could this thing be setup for some provider who locked it down? We bought from Obihai via Amazon.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

tim

drgeoff

My thinking would be to do a factory reset and if it doesn't come up like http://www.obihai.com/uidemos/obi508/i you should begin to assert your legal rights.

PramodS

I am having exactly same issue with my OBi508 box which i got from disti, has anyone seen this issue or aware about the resolution.