News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do I get my IP address for my OBI100 when ***1 returns 10.0.2.2

Started by gchachul, July 12, 2016, 05:38:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gchachul

Hi folks...

After 4 years of experiencing virtually no issues with my OBI100 and Google Voice, today I am having problems! 

Here's what I know so far:

Model:  OBI100

On my OBiTalk Home dashboard - SP1 shows ""Service Not Configured"

I checked FAQ & Forum.  All the forums I've read so far are stating I need to update my software.

I dialed ***6 to get my IP address so I can start the update process and heard "Software update not available"

So then I thought I would try to update the software manually.

When I try to get my IP address so that I can open a browser and begin the update process with downloaded firmware, I dialed ***1 and hear that my IP address is 10.0.2.2

That is obviously not accurate.  Where else can I go to get my IP address?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

drgeoff

Quote from: gchachul on July 12, 2016, 05:38:38 PMI dialed ***1 and hear that my IP address is 10.0.2.2

That is obviously not accurate.
What is your basis for being so sure that the OBi's IP address on your LAN is not 10.0.2.2?

gchachul

Hello!  Thanks for responding.

I believe it's a local loopback address?  I need to know what my actual server IP address is, right?

SteveInWA

No, the local loopback address is in the 127.0.0.x range.

10.0 address are private IP, just like 192.168 addresses.  Did you try it?

Marty.ba.calif.usa

Quote from: gchachul on July 12, 2016, 06:08:30 PM
Hello!  Thanks for responding.

I believe it's a local loopback address?  I need to know what my actual server IP address is, right?
Did you add or change a router lately?  I think that if you have a router at the common 192.168... range, and add a new router while that address is in use, it often uses the alternate 10.0... range.  Even if you didn't have them active at the same time, it may be that the 192.168... lease was not released yet. 

Double check your router address.  If it's not 10.0... then you might need to power cycle the Obi or somehting.

gchachul

Hi Marty!  As a matter of fact, I did change my router a few weeks ago - however my phone / OBi issues didn't start until today. 

I have my new router address.  Is this the address I would use to manually update software for OBi100?

SteveInWA

You didn't answer the question:  regardless of what you think about the 10. address, what happens when you type it into your browser's address bar?

Marty.ba.calif.usa

Quote from: gchachul on July 12, 2016, 06:47:31 PM
Hi Marty!  As a matter of fact, I did change my router a few weeks ago - however my phone / OBi issues didn't start until today. 

I have my new router address.  Is this the address I would use to manually update software for OBi100?

No. Can you connect to your router?  What address do you use for that?  The Obi address should have the same numbers as the router, except for the last 3, or you won't be able to access it.  It sounds like perhaps your router is something like 10.0.2.0 (or 10.0.2.1) if your Obi is 10.0.2.2.  But I'm not an expert on IP addressing, I just know enough to get things going for my simple home network where everything is in the same range.

gadsfas

I learned about this website advanced.name and would like to try to use paid proxies, but before buying wanted to know your opinion about it