News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Caller does not hear me on first call

Started by vadr, October 16, 2016, 07:49:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadr

OBI 100, GV, incoming calls go through Callcentric.

Quite often, when someone calls, on the first call the caller does not hear me, although I picked up the phone, repeatedly said "Hello", and hear them OK. They redial, and this time everything works. It happens not always, but more often than to attribute it to some occasional rare glitch. It looks like it's more likely to happen when the caller calls from a cellphone.

Troubleshooting has many variables to check, so I wonder - did anybody experience something like that?

Dexter202

I posted this reply on another thread:

I have the exact same setup with my obi202.

The inability for the caller to not hear me seems to have happened to me after we had a power outage!!!   However  this problem is intermittent but seems to increasing in frequency.  The next repeat phone call from the same person / source after hanging up will be totally ok.

Then, yesterday 10-18-16, I got this recorded message when trying to call out:

"Google voice error.  If you changed your google account password, log into obitalk.com and change it there as well"

So now I can"t call out.

When I log into Obitalk, I get this message:

"Your obi device is currently using an old or invalid @gmail password for connection to Google.

Please click <OK>  to access the Google service settings then enter and submit your current Gmail password.

Your Obi device will restart with the correct password and connect to the Google Service"

I have not followed these instructions yet because I am researching these topics on this forum, on searching with google  , and searching on obitalk.

Steve,  please help!!!

Mango

Quote from: vadr on October 16, 2016, 07:49:25 AMQuite often, when someone calls, on the first call the caller does not hear me,

One-way audio in that direction is rather unusual.

I suggest you test calls directly to your Callcentric number to see whether the problem is with Callcentric or with Google Voice.  If the problem is on the Callcentric side of the call, check your router to see if it has a SIP ALG that you could disable.  Alternately, use OBiTALK to configure your incoming Google Voice calls to be routed directly to your OBi.  Google Voice does not use SIP, so should be unaffected by an errant SIP ALG.

Quote from: Dexter202 on October 19, 2016, 10:08:54 AMI have not followed these instructions yet

Following the instructions would be a good place to start.  If you require a firmware upgrade, and your device is out of warranty, you can download the latest version of the OBi202 firmware at http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-1-0-5285.fw and manually install it.  If you follow the instructions and still have problems, let us know and we'll try to help.