News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

My OBi200 suddenly stopped working

Started by ashmah24, October 16, 2016, 09:13:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ashmah24

I recently moved to a different place when I connected my OBi200 I was able to receive and accept calls for couple of days. After a week or so I started hearing a bad tone while dialing a number and the call never goes through (both receive and accept). So logged in to my profile an removed my device and now trying to add the device again but add device prompt never comes up with the configuration page.

I tried most of the troubleshooting methods in the support center like reset of device but same problem.

Can some help me resolve his problem.

Note: I am configuring my Google number.

drgeoff

Dial **9 222 222 222.  Do you reach the Obihai echo test?

ashmah24

No any number dialed will give me blink tone as if the call didn't go through.

ashmah24

So did reset the OBi200 device again and logged into obitalk clicked on "Add device" and followed the instruction of dialing **5 {4 digit} number and heard a voice on my phone saying
"No service configured error please logging in to the obitalk and configure your device." As I am already logged in I see no effect on the setup screen! Then the setup timeout and give me instruction to do echo test. So when I go to dial that number I hear a continuous blink tone as if the call is not going through

drgeoff

What message do you hear when you dial ***1 ?

What is the status of the OBi200's Power LED?

ashmah24

When I dial ***1 there is no sound for a while then i get the same continuous blink tone.

The power button is solid green.

What should happen when I go in my OBiTalk profile and perform the Add device and dial *5 {4 digit} number and after I hear the voice?

drgeoff

Until you can reach the echo test number you are wasting your time trying to add your device using the **5 procedure.

When you dial ***1 your should hear a voice telling you the network status of the OBi.

If you are really dialling ***1 and not hearing that,  try using another phone.

ashmah24

I tried using a different phone same problem and I am dialing ***1.

Is there any other way to troubleshoot this issue?

drgeoff

Dial **0.  You should hear ringing.  Wait until it is answered.  Report here what you hear then.

Are you sure you have done the reset correctly?  It is not a matter of a momentary press of the reset button underneath.  You can also reset by dialling ***8 and when prompted press 1.

Is the phone connected directly into the OBi?  Not via any house wiring.

ashmah24

I dialed ***0 and following is what I hear
"welcome to ob attendant

press 1 continue this call
press 2 make a new call
press 3 enter callback number"

Yes I followed the reset instruction on forum. I tried dialing ***8 but I hear the same blink tone.

Yes phone is directly connected to OBi.

ashmah24

I dialed ***9-222-222-222 and instead of **92.... and the call did go through for echo test and I was able to test it.

So similarly i tried to Add device number again with *** instead of ** (asterisks) and it worked.

I was able to successfully configure my GV number again.

Thanks drgeoff for reply and all help. Appreciate it.

ashmah24

I spoke too soon. I successfully added my GV number and status is connected.

Now when I go to dial my local mobile number or any US number the call doesn't go through.

drgeoff

Something is wrong with your phone or the OBi.  For some reason the first * key press is not being recognised.  Possibly that it is not limited to the * but applies to the first key you press after taking the phone off-hook.  That would account for failure to successfully dial calls.  Test that by repeating the first digit.

I know you said you already tried another phone but please try again.  Do not use any components of the  first phone.  Batteries, cords, base station if cordless, etc.

ashmah24

As you said the problem was with my phone I believe the base unit had gone bad, everything started working fine when I bought a new phone connected to my OBi.

Thanks again dfgregoff.