News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 with 2 separate GV numbers

Started by AaronJ, October 18, 2016, 09:01:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AaronJ

Hi,

I've been using my OBi202 with 1 GV number for awhile and it's been amazing :)

My question - now I need another line, I understand I can add up to 4 GV numbers in one unit. Does the second line need to be in it's own Google account?

Also, since the OBI202 has 2 telephone jacks - is it okay for me to use a standard phone which supports 2 phone lines and how will I know which line is ringing? Can this be somehow configured from the OBiTalk?

Thanks in advance,
Aaron

BigJim_McD

Use a different Google Account for the second GV phone number.

On my OBi202, I use a VTech DS6151 2-Line Expandable Cordless Phone.  I use the VTech Menu Option to configure different Ring Patterns for each of the two phone lines.

In OBiTalk, you have the option to select either Ph1 or Ph2 or both Ph1 and Ph2 to ring for each GV Phone number.

I use:
Ph1 for GV Ph1 calls. Used OBiTalk Expert Mode to configure
Voice Services > SP1 Service > Calling Features >
  CallForwardOnBusyEnable  [X]
  CallForwardOnBusyNumber  ph2(#)

Ph2 for GV Ph2 calls. Used OBiTalk Expert Mode to configure
Voice Services > SP2 Service > Calling Features >
  CallForwardOnBusyEnable  [X]
  CallForwardOnBusyNumber  ph1(#)
BigJimMcD

drgeoff

The jack labelled PHONE1 on the 202 is actually wired for both phone lines.  PHONE1 on the inner pair of contacts and PHONE2 on the two outer contacts. If your two line phone also has a suitably wired socket you only require a single 4-wire cord between the 202 and the phone.

jackfk

I cannot edit any fields in Expert mode.
---
Any suggestions for my enabling edits?

Taoman

Quote from: jackfk on May 28, 2017, 06:27:45 AM

Any suggestions for my enabling edits?

Uncheck both boxes to the right of the field you're trying to edit.