News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Green light for phone not lit, but blinks when "trying to connect to new device"

Started by AFRV, July 20, 2011, 12:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFRV

Power is on. Device connected to switch/router. Green power light is on.

No green phone light, except that it blinks when "trying to connect to new device".

I dial the **5 ABCD number as shown and get a message, "The number you dialed has been sent to the server"

It attempts to connect for 99 seconds, then flashes a message, "Failed to connect to your device"

Does this indicate a problem with the telephone (known and retested to be working correctly over a land line), or a problem getting to the internet?

What to try?

Thanks.

RonR

AFRV

no, a message says, "There is no service to complete your call."

And my dashboard shows a red icon under status

***1 does give me an IP #

RonR

Then it sounds like the OBi is communicating with your router to get an IP address, but the router isn't passing the OBi's traffic to the Internet.

If possible, temporarily connect the OBi directly to your broadband modem and see if you can reach **9 222 222 222 with no router in the loop.  Make sure you power cycle both the modem and the OBi after making the direct connection.

OBiSupport

Your telephone is fine, but seems OBi device encounters some difficulties to get to the Internet, would you please send a email to support@obihai.com, and state your 9-digit OBi in the email, we can help you out.