News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

MOH Music on Hold Obi1022 Ip Phone

Started by jackndot, October 19, 2016, 11:06:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jackndot

Has anyone figured out how to add your own music? I found the guide with the information below, but still no luck.

anyone have a step by step way to get the MOH working on the Ip Phones?

Music On Hold (MOH)
The OBi1000 series have native support of MOH. You may configure a MOH server in the parameter Phone Settings –
Calling Features::MOHServiceNumber. The MOH Server number can be an external SIP or OBiTALK addressable
device, such as pp(ob600559558) or sp3(moh-server). The expected behavior of the MOH Server device is such that
when called, it automatically answers the call and starts streaming audio to the calling device.
The OBi1000 has a built-in MOH Server that can be invoked by specifying: an({prompt}) (where an stands for the
internal announcement server), and prompt is a specification of the source to play. The devices includes a Jazz track
that can be used for music on hold. To enable the built-in track, specify the MOHServiceNumber as an(jazz)

N7AS

On a previous post, I wrote...

Here is another method to get MOH to work in the OBi1032...

1. - Create a new anveo account. (you do not have to fund it - FREE)
2. - Click on IVR / Call Flow > IVR / Call Flow Builder
3. - Select Template - DEFAULT CALL FLOW
4. - Edit that Call Flow
5. - The second Call Flow item is GOODIES
6. - On that icon, click on the pencil in the bottom right corner of the icon (it will bring up a menu)
7. - On the General tab, Playback a message while waiting for a secret key
8. - Upload your MusicOnHold music .mp3
9. - After it is uploaded, select the .mp3 file in the dropdown list and click UPDATE CONFIGURATION on the bottom of the window
10. - Click on IVR / Call Flow tab on the top menu and select Inbound SIP Trunk for IVR Call Flow
11. - Click on ADD A NEW INBOUND SIP
12. - in the Call Flow for this Inbound dropdown menu select FROM TEMPLATE - Template DEFAULT and click SAVE
13. - You will see the SIP URI to enter in the OBi1032
14. - On the OBI1032 > IP Phone > Phone Settings > Calling Features > MOHServiceNumber
        enter the SIP URI you got from anveo

That's it
Enjoy

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

jackndot

THanks that didnt work for me, I wrote obi support and they gave me a solution.

Dial ***1 for IP Address.  Note down IP Address.  Then do the
> following on the phone connected to your OBi202 device:

> - Dial ***0
> - Enter 30#
> - Press 1 to Enter a New Value
> - Press 1# to Enable
> - Press 1 to Save

> Then with IP Address, input in the address bar and hit enter

> Go to "Voice Services / Auto Attendant". Select one of the user
> prompts, for example 3, and click on User3Description. This will bring
> up a page to allow one to upload an audio file.

> Supported formats: .WAV or .AU, 16-bit linear (uncompressed) or
> ALaw/ULaw encoded, mono or stereo, at 8/11.025/16/22.05/32/44.1/48 kHz
> sample rate.

> Go to "Physical interfaces / Phone1 port". Set "MOHServiceNumber" to
> an(%USER3%) in the above example where we loaded the file to user
> prompt 3.

I am going to do a youtube video in a week or so because i had a little trial and error on this.

SupTeamGuy

Hi,

The following will apply to OBi1022, OBi1032 and OBi1062:

-Go to the phone web page:  at phone screen, arrow to Settings for Network IP Address.  Input IP Address in your browser address bar and hit Enter on keyboard.  (Best to use Chrome).

Go to "Voice Services / Auto Attendant".

Select one of the user prompts, for example 3, and click on User3Description.

This will bring up a page to allow one to upload an audio file.

MOST IMPORTANTYLY, supported formats:
.WAV or .AU, 16-bit linear (uncompressed) or ALaw/ULaw encoded, mono or stereo, at 8/11.025/16/22.05/32/44.1/48 kHz sample rate.

-Go to "IP Phone / Phone Settings".

Set "MOHServiceNumber" to an($$%USER3%) in the above example where you loaded the file to user prompt 3.

NOTE:  to convert to supported formats, for example, use Audacity software at link:  http://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/

Please let me know if this will work by your response/comments.

Best regards,
SupTeamGuy

swede

I have successfully uploaded a narrated "hold message" and it plays when I place a caller on hold. (this is for a business). But, it loops and I don't want the same message repeated over and over while a caller is on hold and I prefer it to be a hold message specific to our business - not music. Can someone please help me figure out the where and how, to stop it from looping and just play once or once every 3 minutes?
Thanks!

tvBilly

Don't know much about instructing the phone to do what you want, but couldn't you tailer the message you upload to do it? Record a 10 second hold message (or however long you want it to be), and then leave 2 minutes and 50 seconds of silence and upload the whole 3 minute sound file as your hold message.

It would say what you want to the customer on hold, and would repeat every three minutes.

N7AS

Quote from: SupTeamGuy on March 22, 2017, 04:00:05 PM
Hi,

-Go to the phone web page:  at phone screen, arrow to Settings for Network IP Address.  Input IP Address in your browser address bar and hit Enter on keyboard.  (Best to use Chrome).

.WAV or .AU, 16-bit linear (uncompressed) or ALaw/ULaw encoded, mono or stereo, at 8/11.025/16/22.05/32/44.1/48 kHz sample rate.

Set "MOHServiceNumber" to an($$%USER3%) in the above example where you loaded the file to user prompt 3.

NOTE:  to convert to supported formats, for example, use Audacity software at link:  http://www.audacityteam.org/download/windows/

Best regards,
SupTeamGuy

This sounds like a good way to do it, but as my OBi1032 is managed on the OBi-Expert on the OBiTalk portal. The Auto Attendant prompts are not accessible.

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

NCSI

Hi,

Best regards,
SupTeamGuy

Maybe Im a complete dolt but when I follow these instructions, I get my .au file uploaded, make all the changes and nothing.  Silence on hold.  no matter if I use the "flash/callwait" option or the "hold" option on my phone. 
In the "MOHservicenumber" I entered ($$%USER3%)..... is that the problem?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

N7AS

In the MOHservicenumber field you should enter an($$%USER3%)

Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ

Adrian12345

Thank you for all the information,
how do i play a 5 minutes message, it appears that it cuts the audio to 60420 (ms) or 1 minute.

Adrian12345

Will this work even if main line is through google voice?

Quote from: N7AS on October 19, 2016, 12:17:59 PM
On a previous post, I wrote...

Here is another method to get MOH to work in the OBi1032...

1. - Create a new anveo account. (you do not have to fund it - FREE)
2. - Click on IVR / Call Flow > IVR / Call Flow Builder
3. - Select Template - DEFAULT CALL FLOW
4. - Edit that Call Flow
5. - The second Call Flow item is GOODIES
6. - On that icon, click on the pencil in the bottom right corner of the icon (it will bring up a menu)
7. - On the General tab, Playback a message while waiting for a secret key
8. - Upload your MusicOnHold music .mp3
9. - After it is uploaded, select the .mp3 file in the dropdown list and click UPDATE CONFIGURATION on the bottom of the window
10. - Click on IVR / Call Flow tab on the top menu and select Inbound SIP Trunk for IVR Call Flow
11. - Click on ADD A NEW INBOUND SIP
12. - in the Call Flow for this Inbound dropdown menu select FROM TEMPLATE - Template DEFAULT and click SAVE
13. - You will see the SIP URI to enter in the OBi1032
14. - On the OBI1032 > IP Phone > Phone Settings > Calling Features > MOHServiceNumber
        enter the SIP URI you got from anveo

That's it
Enjoy

dsoden

I just got my phone set it up working fine with Google Voice as my only and main line.

I made this config for the OBI1022 as described above by "SupTeamGuy"
Uploaded au file just fine and assigned User3Description and User3Length is 60420 (ms).
I enter in ($$%USER3%) for the MOHServiceNumber field
I then reboot as it says.
Finally I call my cell, answer my cell, and put the call on hold - BAM!!! the OBI1022 phone flips out and reboots.

REMOVE ($$%USER3%) for the MOHServiceNumber field - REBOOT again...
and make the call to my cell and the OBI1022 phone is fine and the call is on hold with no music obviously.

How to you configure MOH for the OBI1022 in 2020 with please?

ModelName OBi1022
HardwareVersion 1.1
SoftwareVersion   5.1.11 (Build: 4983EX.1311)

MOHOBI1062

WORKS PERFECTLY!

Hi,

Best regards,
SupTeamGuy

NICE!!! WORKS

Repherb

I can't seem to get a valid audio format through Audacity. What am I missing? I've tried WAV and AU in ulaw and alaw, all bitrates. nothing works for my obi202.

drgeoff

Quote from: Repherb on February 15, 2023, 06:16:51 PMI can't seem to get a valid audio format through Audacity. What am I missing? I've tried WAV and AU in ulaw and alaw, all bitrates. nothing works for my obi202.
What does not work?

None of the OBi ATAs have a built in MOH server.

Only way to get custom audio recording into an OBi ATA is via the handset of attached phone.

jeffrose

This worked for me - just one time, on an OBi2182.

After I rebooted my phone, it autoprovisioned from OBi again and it (understandably) went back to an(jazz), which was what was there to begin with. I changed things in the OBi page and despite both now showing an($$%USER3%) in MOHServiceNumber it's still playing jazz. I've manually removed it (nothing at all in MOHServiceNumber) and on both pages and it's STILL playing jazz instead of nothing.

Has anyone else seen this?

lextacy

As above Jeffrose stated, in 2023 I no longer have my custom MOH song playing. It went back to jazz. It fully ignores the an(prompt) and the .au file. Here is a thing of note. The firmware version has been updated recently to Build: 5312EX.1311 , but this was in 2021 where in that year it works.

Was there a secret update pushed to our phones recently in mid-summer of 2023?

cmenow

Similar problem - when I place an outbound call - nd then place the outbound call on hold - the "an(jazz)" and some other version of a jazz song (similar track but different style) plays over each other! Any suggestions? 

---
Here is what I have tried so far:

✔️Tested inbound calls that are answered and placed on hold only hear the "an(jazz)" track, as expected. 

✔️Cleared previously uploaded hold music files from USER3 and all others - Voice Service > Auto Attendant under my phones admin page using the IP address.

✔️Set an(jazz) as MOHServiceNumber on the ObiTalk admin page.
---

Where is the second track that plays only when outbound calls are placed on hold coming from? 

How can I set this to only play one track when any call is placed on hold?  😒

astewart1711

Same issue here. Google Voice directly added hold music on their end. I think it overwrites it with that Jazz. I wonder if there is a work around. Will gladly pay for someone to find a work around.

Someone come to the rescue!