News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

The OBi202 is on sale now for $61.99 -- Amazon

Started by Marketing, October 24, 2016, 03:01:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marketing

Get the OBi202 on sale now for $61.99 on Amazon.

-Works with Google Voice
-Easy to Set-Up Using OBiTALK.com
-Also Supports T.38 Fax and SIP Bring Your Own Device Services like Anveo Callcentric, Voip.ms, etc.
-Works with Up to Four (4) VoIP Services Across Two (2) Phone Ports
-1x USB for Obihai Accessories OBiWiFi and OBiBT

LeoKing

Quote from: Marketing on October 24, 2016, 03:01:48 PM
Get the OBi202 on sale now for $61.99 on Amazon.

-Works with Google Voice
-Easy to Set-Up Using OBiTALK.com
-Also Supports T.38 Fax and SIP Bring Your Own Device Services like Anveo Callcentric, Voip.ms, etc.
-Works with Up to Four (4) VoIP Services Across Two (2) Phone Ports
-1x USB for Obihai Accessories OBiWiFi and OBiBT

$61.99 + $5.11 tax to Texas, That's not much of a sale!

I got the OBi202 from Newegg for $50 with free shipping and no tax before, that's really what can be called a sale. I hope Newegg will have that sale again.

SteveInWA

Well, you can't include sales tax in your comparison, since Amazon is legally obligated to collect sales tax, whilst Newegg is skirting the issue by not having a place of business in your state.

Aside from that, if you look at the listing on Amazon, you'll see that Amazon is the seller.  That means Amazon sets the retail price, not Obihai.  Obihai is wholesaling the devices to Amazon, and Amazon is deciding the profit margin they (Amazon) want to hit.  Of course, Obihai could lower their wholesale price, but we have no insight as to the contract between Obihai and Amazon.

LeoKing

Quote from: SteveInWA on October 24, 2016, 05:13:40 PM
Well, you can't include sales tax in your comparison, since Amazon is legally obligated to collect sales tax, whilst Newegg is skirting the issue by not having a place of business in your state.

Aside from that, if you look at the listing on Amazon, you'll see that Amazon is the seller.  That means Amazon sets the retail price, not Obihai.  Obihai is wholesaling the devices to Amazon, and Amazon is deciding the profit margin they (Amazon) want to hit.  Of course, Obihai could lower their wholesale price, but we have no insight as to the contract between Obihai and Amazon.

I was just stating the fact that I got the OBi202 at much lower sale price regardless of who sold the unit. Even without sale tax, $61.99 is not much of a sale. When comparing prices to make buying decisions, one must always consider the final price after shipping and tax charges.

SteveInWA

No argument there.  Assuming free shipping,

Today's price at Newegg:  $69.99 + no tax
Today's price at Amazon:  $61.99 + tax

Technically speaking, at least in my state (WA), the law says I should be reporting the purchase and paying the tax myself.  Whether anyone does that is another matter...   ::)  Gawd help you if you go to neighboring OR (no sales tax there) and buy a car; you can't register it here until you pay the sales tax.

I'm sure that Obihai will be happy to announce the next time they have a sale at Newegg, but those are today's prices.

LeoKing

Quote from: SteveInWA on October 24, 2016, 07:01:25 PM
No argument there.  Assuming free shipping,

Today's price at Newegg:  $69.99 + no tax
Today's price at Amazon:  $61.99 + tax

Technically speaking, at least in my state (WA), the law says I should be reporting the purchase and paying the tax myself.  Whether anyone does that is another matter...   ::)  Gawd help you if you go to neighboring OR (no sales tax there) and buy a car; you can't register it here until you pay the sales tax.

I'm sure that Obihai will be happy to announce the next time they have a sale at Newegg, but those are today's prices.

I was not talking about Newegg and Amazon prices on the OBi202 of today. I was saying that the Newegg sale price in the past was much lower than what Amazon has for the OBi202 now. You need to understand what people said before trying to "argue" but clearly you did NOT . I don't waste my time to "argue" with people like you.

Edit: I'm really sorry not to see the nice forum member of a few years back anymore from the recent posts. How a small title can change people & things!!!