News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

using LINE & PHONE ports for 2 calls

Started by skipro, July 20, 2011, 11:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skipro

Multiple phones connected to Obi, Phone port has SP1 & SP2, LINE port has land line.

I know you cannot make 2 simultaneous calls on the PHONE port, but can you use the LINE port to call out while someone else is on a call on the PHONE port without interrupting or placing that call on hold?
If so, how?

RonR

Telephones connected to the landline in addition to the OBi can make landline calls without disturbing the OBi as long as the OBi is not trying to use the LINE Port itself.

skipro

I need to use the land line through the Obi [SP1 or SP2] for toll calls as the land line has no toll call service. Does this qualify as 2 calls through the PHONE port and therefore cannot be done? I thought this was not the same since it used the LINE port.
Using this setup, SP1, SP2, land line with no toll service, is my only choice using 2 Obis?

Why has Obi not made 2 simultaneous call function available? Is it that technically difficult?

RonR

You can use the landline (LINE Port), SP1, and SP2 through the OBi, just not totally separately from the telephone connected to the OBi's PHONE Port.

If you're on a landline call through the LINE Port and need to make a toll call through SP1 or SP2 without hanging up on the landline call:

1. Press the FLASH button on your telephone.  The landline call will be put on hold and you'll receive a new dialtone.

2. Place your toll call using SP1 or SP2.

3. When the call on SP1 or SP2 is over, press the FLASH button again to resume the landline call.  If you press the FLASH button with both calls in progress, the landline call, the SPx call, and you will be conferenced together.

jimates

Quote from: skipro on July 20, 2011, 12:36:08 PM
I need to use the land line through the Obi [SP1 or SP2] for toll calls as the land line has no toll call service. Does this qualify as 2 calls through the PHONE port and therefore cannot be done? I thought this was not the same since it used the LINE port.
Using this setup, SP1, SP2, land line with no toll service, is my only choice using 2 Obis?

Why has Obi not made 2 simultaneous call function available? Is it that technically difficult?
That would require 2 separate phone ports, perhaps a future model will have it.