News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multiple google voice accounts.. 1 for fax.. 2 for call forwarding to cell

Started by Braden, December 08, 2016, 05:53:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Braden

Currently I have the OBi200 set up with a google voice # to my fax machine and it's great.

I also have 3 additional google voice accounts with there own #'s.
One of them currently forwards to my cell.. I do not have additional phone #'s to forward the other 2.
Google voice does not allow multiple accounts to forward to the same #, and I would like to find a way to forward the other google voice #'s to my cell as well.

1. Is it possible to forward multiple google voice #'s to Obi, and choose which ones get re-directed to my cell?
2. Can I do this with the Obi200 that I have, without interfering with the fax line I have set up? (I would prefer those #'s not even ring the fax line, but immediately forward to my cell).
3. If so, how?
4. If not, would it work to purchase a separate OBi devise for this purpose?

Thank you very much!

drgeoff

The 202 can have up to 4 GV accounts configured on it.  GoogleVoice will regard these as separate Chat clients. No impact on your existing fax arrangement.

For settings on the 202 to forward to your cellphone see http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12240.0.  You need to do that on every SP that you want to forward.  If you don't want the fax line and/or the other phone jack on the 202 to ring on the non-fax calls be sure to omit any ph and/or ph2 from the InboundCallRoute.