News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Simonics.com

Started by transam98, November 06, 2016, 07:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

transam98

Also in last posting.... there was something NEW... next to the google chat the icon... as mentioned (steve) make sure there is NOT a RING sched... so I clicked it and the RING SCHED was turned OFF for both weekdays and weekends... so I DID turn that on, removed GV and tried again, still no ring ;(

transam98

FIXED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im betting here is what it was all along:

The CALLING hours thinggy....

It was by DEFAULT off for WEEKDAYS and WEEKENDS (because I was using the CC-GV thing and NEVER had GV CHAT ON...

It took time for the GV system to CATCH UP to me and my obi etc etc.

I REMOVED (trash can) the SP and then RE-DID the SP1 AFTER I turned on RING SCHED to ALL HOURS...

Then it worked for GV....
So I removed GV and did SIMON... and did a test... works... !!

But get this quirk...

when Id call my GV LA Phone # from my phone (with the CC setup.. it showed MY REAL name (from my cell)...

so call centric has the current CNAM info...

now when I call from my cell to my GV using the SIMON GW... it shows some other name for my cell phone CNAM ahah

Guess the SIMON GW gets from another database (not the same as CC's database !)
Months ago I did a listyourself and gave some of my GV #'s funny CNAM info like Buggs Bunny and Woody Woodpecker.... (yes I really did ahha)
and going through SIMON's GW these show up on my SIMONICS caller ID (haha)
its funny to ill call someone sometimes (business's) and they will say yes bugs bunny :)
I think SIMONICS gets its info from more of a public cnam DB and CALLCENTRIC gets it from more of a private DB.

So anyways a BIG THANKS TO STEVEWA for the needle in the haystack of checking RING SCHEDULE HOURS ! that was the SECRET along with removing it AFTER the ring schedule reset etc...

and since I was USED to doing the GV-to-CC trick for CNAM I didnt know Google Chat had to be on little known it had some DEFAULT ring schedule to OFF :(

Thanks again steve !  ;D