December 12, 2017, 09:04:43 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Why no Marshmallow?  (Read 39448 times)
Jon9999

« on: November 11, 2016, 07:24:21 am »

I've read many posts here about OBiON not working under Android Marshmallow, and now I've experienced exactly that after my carrier forced my phone over to M last week.

I've also read here that OBiHai has no interest in updating OBiON, as it considers OBiON and the OBi 110 to be end-of-life products.

Can somebody explain, though, WHY the app doesn't work under M? I thought that all Android versions were supposed to be compatible with all legacy apps. All my other apps (some much older than OBiON) still work under M. What is the technical limitation that prevents OBiON from working. Is there a work-around or a user-accessible fix that might get it working again?
Euan

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 10:12:10 am »

Android 6.0 prevents loading native libraries with a feature known as "Text Relocations" which the obion app on the store happens to have.
(It's possible that obi could fix this simply by recompiling the native part of the app with a newer version of the ndk, as old versions of gcc for ARM generated textrels due to a bug, and they tend not to be required for c/c++ code. However given obitalk's silence about the android app in general this seems unlikely  to me.)
Sudhircev

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 09:17:24 pm »

It is also not working on my android marshmallow. I hope they will fix it soon.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: