News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two Obi110 and one GV account.

Started by phylo, July 22, 2011, 03:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phylo

QBZappy

Quote from: phylo on July 22, 2011, 03:54:07 PM
I have tried to get this setup so that I can have two separate phones using the same GV account.. It kind of works, but only one phone rings when someone calls? I was wondering if there is a way to set it up so that both will ring or if one is in use the other will ring?

Thanks
Phil

I may be incorrect but I think GV acct registers only once on the GV service. The last OBi unit to register is the unit receiving the call on the GV tel number. If that is the case you may want to set up both units to Fork the calls to each other because you can not be certain which unit is going to register.

Do you see both OBi units showing GV as "Connected"? Can you ever make outgoing calls on both GV  accts at the same time? GV allows for two simultaneous calls.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

phylo

Both units are using different GV accounts so that shouldnt be the problem.. The setup to the best of my understanding is supposed to ring both Obi boxes when A call comes in on the main GV number (we don't use the secondary GV account for anything but outbound calls)

I have set things up exactly as instructed in the thread and both phones do ring, but like I said when we go to answer the call we get a dial tone and on the calling end we get the Obi attendant after a few rings.

Phil

RonR

phylo,

Please post all InboundCallRoute values that are not set to Default from both OBi's.  Get these values from the OBi's, not from the OBiTALK Web Portal.

phylo

Well Im not sure what the hell is going on now... Im in the web based interface for both units not the expert config and neither one will save my settings.. I make the changes but they are not being saved no matter what I do...

Phil

RonR

Quote from: phylo on August 25, 2011, 02:46:18 PM
Well Im not sure what the hell is going on now... Im in the web based interface for both units not the expert config and neither one will save my settings.. I make the changes but they are not being saved no matter what I do...

Have you set?:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

If so, you should able to make the changes directly to the OBi.

Make sure you click on Submit at the bottom of the page before leaving that page.

When you've made all the desired changes, click on Reboot.

phylo

Quote from: RonR on August 25, 2011, 02:53:29 PM
Quote from: phylo on August 25, 2011, 02:46:18 PM

Have you set?:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

No, I didnt.. I didnt realize I had to?? It used to work without being disabled?

Phil

RonR

Auto Provisioning enabled -> OBiTALK Web Portal

Auto Provisioning disabled -> OBi direct

phylo

Ok, now all is good!

Thanks for much for all the help...