News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Will my new OBi200 out perform my old faithful OBi110?

Started by wilberfan, November 14, 2016, 11:22:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilberfan

I bought a OBi200 when I thought my 110 was failing a few weeks ago.  Turns out  it was a router issue.  The 110 seems to still be working fine.   Should I put it in the closet as a 'spare' and start using the 200?   Will the 200 outperform the 110 in any area?

Or should I keep the 200 as a spare  (...or...just go outside and pound sand...?)   ;D

N7AS

I would replace the OBi110 with the OBi200 Unless you are using the Line Port to connect to your PSTN line. The OBi200 has 4 SP slots and other features. Keep the OBi110 as a spare as you can link it to the OBi200 to use it's line port.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

drgeoff

If the 110 was fully meeting your needs, the 200 will not outperform it. Your call experiences will be the same with both units.

Mango

If the 110 is out of warranty anyway, I'd use the 200 (so that if it fails within the warranty period, you'll know).

Audio quality is the same with both devices, and call routing features are near-identical.  The primary advantage to the 200 is four service provider slots.  The 200 also has a few other advantages such as T.38 and jitter buffer configuration, but those don't really help you for voice calls.

wilberfan

I don't see the "4 service provider slots" of which you speak.  It's only got "Phone", "USB", "Internet", and "DC12V" on the back of the box...  Unless what you're referring to is software-related...?

Excellent point about the warranty, btw.

[edit]  I can see now what you were referring to as 'slots' on my OBi dashboard...

Ember1205

Quote from: wilberfan on November 15, 2016, 09:36:28 AM
I don't see the "4 service provider slots" of which you speak.  It's only got "Phone", "USB", "Internet", and "DC12V" on the back of the box...  Unless what you're referring to is software-related...?

Excellent point about the warranty, btw.

[edit]  I can see now what you were referring to as 'slots' on my OBi dashboard...

They aren't physical ports... Think of them like "accounts" that can all be supported at the same time. You can connect to four different Service Providers at once for calls.