News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

the differences between obi200 and obi300?

Started by mweaser, November 18, 2016, 12:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mweaser

I am wondering what the differences between these systems, they look exactly the same and I know the obi300 doesn't support google voice. Also i think the obi300 is for commercial use as in companies give these out for people who get voip service, since its not directly on obihai's website. I just think they are just the same device but the obi300 is for companies that provide voip to people. Other than what i said, are they any other differences between them?

drgeoff

No other difference except that 300s obtained from other than Obihai retail agents are more likely to be "locked" to an ITSP for the reason you already know.

mweaser

Quote from: drgeoff on November 18, 2016, 02:13:43 PM
No other difference except that 300s obtained from other than Obihai retail agents are more likely to be "locked" to an ITSP for the reason you already know.
So they are the same device basically? I see that obihai sells these on amazon, i am thinking they are probably unlocked. If they are the same i am wondering if people have gotten the obi200 based firmware to work on the obi300 and if its possible to change the firmware from obi300 to obi200. It really doesn't make sense to change the firmware since they are the same exact price on the websites i have see. The only reason I would want to do it if i had the obi300, if i wanted google voice support , than i would try to do it. Probably changing the firmware wouldn't work since probably obihai knows that the serial number belongs to the obi300.

SteveInWA

First, you wanted to know how to buy more CODECs, now you are asking about an OBi that is NOT designed for consumer use.   Why are you making things so convoluted?  Just buy the OBi 200.  You cannot re-flash a 300 and turn it into a 200.