News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 110 still half duplex

Started by SimonB, November 17, 2016, 05:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimonB

Hi,

My Obi110 network port is stuck in 100 half duplex. I used the code
*** 0 27 1 1 1 hangup to set too 100mbps but this is still half duplex. Is there a code for full duplex or is this not possible?

See here: https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3788.0

Thanks

Simon

drgeoff

Are you really dialling that?

You need to dial the ***0 and listen to the prompts which tell you what to do and when to follow each entry with the # key.

SimonB

Hi,

No I'm not dialing that literally. I followed the instructions in the linked thread. Sorry I wasn't being very clear.

The code 27 appears to set the network speed but not the duplex. My router has issues with half duplex and it causes dropouts and affects my work VPN.

Is there a code for full duplex?

Thanks

Simon

drgeoff

According to the official page http://www.obihai.com/support/troubleshooting/sg/drop that code is for full duplex.

How do you know that your Obi110 is still in half duplex mode?

SimonB

Hi,

When I plugged it into my router and raised a support call they told me that the MAC of the obi was 1/2 duplex. I've also moved it to a Asus RT-AC56U running Merlin firmware and the status page tells me the MAC is still 1/2 duplex.

I'm wondering if the length of ethernet between switch and obi is a factor (approx 20m) or somehow the wiring is badly done. However I'm not going to be able to move it easily as it's near the phone base station.

It's not a big deal since SIP over UTP can handle it quality wise and moving it off the router lets the asus deal with any dropped frames. I just like to have things all squared away. If only I could get SIP over SSL working properly (it's a old cert thing or SSLv2 AFAIK)...

Simon

Lynx

Quote from: SimonB on November 21, 2016, 08:28:06 AM
Hi,

When I plugged it into my router and raised a support call they told me that the MAC of the obi was 1/2 duplex. I've also moved it to a Asus RT-AC56U running Merlin firmware and the status page tells me the MAC is still 1/2 duplex.

I'm wondering if the length of ethernet between switch and obi is a factor (approx 20m) or somehow the wiring is badly done. However I'm not going to be able to move it easily as it's near the phone base station.
I noticed the same thing with my Obi110, that it runs in 100 Half Duplex. As reported by an RT-N56U with Padavan firmware, and an RT-AC68U with Merlin firmware. Makes me wonder if other people's Obi110 actually run at 100 Full Duplex, or they just don't know whether it's Half or Full Duplex.

My Obi200 runs in 100 Full Duplex even without entering the phone code to lock it onto 100mbps.

ianobi

I have two OBi110s connected to a Vigor 2130 router. The router reports that both of them are running at 100 full duplex.

maorsela

Sorry to revive an old post, but I'm having call quality issues.

I set the port to 100 (option 1 in menu 27#), when i call the Obi Echo Test, if i talk slow the quality is amazing, but if i talk fast, let's say count 1-10, i will hear 1, 5, 7 for example.

This happens with all calls.

I can hear incoming voice perfectly.

I set my router for QoS but this never helps, the same issue with outgoing voice getting broken.

In other works, if other people are talking, I can't talk over them.

It's as if the Obi110 is operating in half-duplex.

I also tried setting menu 27# to 0, same exact issue, I don't notice any difference between setting 0 and setting 1.

My Obi110 has the following hw/fw:

HardwareVersion   3.4
SoftwareVersion   1.3.0 (Build: 2886)

Please help!

kislokie

you will have to add a script to your asus router check details over here

https://blog.kamens.us/2014/11/30/howto-set-the-link-speed-duplex-of-a-port-on-an-asus-router/

I had similar issue with asus rt-n66u

maorsela

Thanks kislokie for the reply.

I did more experimentation and it turns out it's my cordless phone. When I put it in speaker mode, which is 95% of the time, the audio is cut off when other party is talking. If I turn off speaker mode in the cordless phone, the audio is perfect.

Also, I have a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter Lite, not an Asus :)