News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

***1 does not return IP Address

Started by Sunyata, November 18, 2016, 08:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sunyata

I am trying to setup my second OBI100 device. I did factory reset on the device, but still am unable to get the IP address from ***1.  Echo test works fine. I get "no service configured error". Device is not listed on my list of devices.

How to get the I address of the device?

drgeoff

What exactly is read out to you when you dial ***1 ?

What number are you dialling that gives the "no service configured" response?

Sunyata

I receive "no service configured error" recorded message. I suspect I may need to update the firmware in my device, but without the IP address I can't do that. Is there any other way to discover the IP address of my device?

I have the MAC and S/N is there some way to directly access the device from OBITalk expert setup mode?

Sunyata

When I try to add the device in my configuration and dial **5 xxxx  I hear some clicking - then dial tone comes up. It never gives me any recorded message.

Echo test works fine.

Main issue seems to "No service configured error" which is system response to most all ***x commands - including ***1.

Sunyata

I was finally able to work around this and get it working.

I used "IP Scanner" app on my MacBook to scan my network and find the IP address of the Obi100.
Once I had the IP address, then I could log into the ObiTalk device and upload the latest firmware.
Form there then the configuration went flawlessly.

Moral of story: If you are getting errors that indicate firmware update is required, find the IP address through a different network tool, then you can proceed with setup after the firmware is updated.