News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Behavior of CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable with Bridging

Started by earthtoobi, July 22, 2011, 08:16:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

earthtoobi

i have setup GV in Sp1 and have CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable setup on sp1 to call my mobile after x rings.Now, when another COT Obi device Bridges through SP1 via single stage dialing, the call forward on no answer kicks in when the intended caller of single stage dialing does not pickup.
so, it is enabled when the endpoint of singlestagedialing is not answering, when it should only kick in when my phone connected to my obi is not answering.
1. is there a way to remedy this
2. as a workaround, is there a way to add a rule in CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber to detect bridging and do nothing.

RonR

What you're experiencing is a variation of the bug (design flaw is more accurate) that you may have seen me complaining about recently.  The implementation of calling features like Call Forward (all flavors) and Do Not Disturb, which clearly should apply only to calls that would otherwise terminate at the PHONE Port, is tangled up with the processing of InboundCallRoute rules (where COT, bridging, etc. is accomplished).  The end result is InboundCallRoute processing totally fails or behaves unexpectedly if Call Forward or Do Not Disturb is ever enabled.

I have a fairly elaborate configuration here which supports Google Voice, several VoIP providers, Skype, and attached SIP phones across multiple OBi's and OBiON Apps.  It all works extremely well as long as I don't enable Call Forward or Do Not Disturb.  A great deal of my configuration obviously relies on the use of InboundCallRoute rules.

If I simply enable Do Not Disturb to temporarily silence incoming calls to the phones, much of my configuration fails as it disables all InboundCallRoute processing on the SP1, SP2, and LINE Port trunks.

When I'm away, I like having the ability to call into the OBi and have access to all these capabilities.  But if I also enable Call Forwarding to receive all incoming calls on my cell phone, I can't even reach the Auto Attendant because all InboundCallRoute processing on the SP1, SP2, and LINE Port trunks ceases to function.  While Call Forwarding is enabled, I also lose many of my in-house capabilities.

The sad part is it doesn't need to be this way.  The problem is terribly obvious and extremely easy to remedy with a very minor shuffling of a few lines of code in the OBi firmware.  I've had numerous email exchanges with Obihai about this issue.  They are very aware of it and have not expressed any technical reasons for not correcting it.