News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Making Vonage work with Obihai 110 (N00b)

Started by arshad14, July 22, 2011, 11:51:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arshad14

Hi, I have been looking and searching for the past few days to make my system work properly. I have read numerous threads by RonR and MichiganTel... and so many more about editing their OutBoundCallRoute and DigiMap but none of them have worked for me yet. So his is what I have:

Physical Interfaces > Phone > OutboundCallRoute

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|[2-9]11):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Physical Interfaces > Line > DigiMap

([2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<**8>011xx.)

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A General > DigiMap

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<**8>011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

I have the latest firmware update as well. So here's my setup for the Obihai 110, SP1 and primarily line is set to Google Voice. Line port is connected to my Vonage line, which I only use for incoming calls since Google Voice would not port Canadian numbers yet. What I would like to do is when I dial '011...' to make international calls, I want that to go through Vonage. Every other call can go through Google Voice.

I would also like to know if it would be possible to program the Obihai 110 so that when I dial 411, it automatically calls 1-800-BING-411 to avoid paying the 411 fees. Also, when I dial *123 on the phone, it uses Vonage so that I can check my voicemail on Vonage.

The one thing I did notice is when I have a new voicemail waiting on Vonage, I do not get the unique tone I would get which would indicate that I have new voicemail waiting. I also cannot switch to my second call when I have call waiting.

Currently I have Google Voice set as my primary line. As I am typing this up, I'm wondering if I should set Vonage as my primary line... but then how could I configure the OutBoundCallRoute so that every call I make other than when I dial *123 and/or 011, it uses Google Voice?

Please help because at this point my family is getting frustrated with this though I know with some proper guidance and help from the community, I can make this work. Any help is greatly appreciated and lots of thanks in advance. Also, I was wondering if I could actually set up Vonage as SP2 on Obihai because I could not find anything when I googled it.  ???

jimates

RonR will be along to give you the exact edits for your callroute for 011 calls.

Step 1 - Add 411 to the digit map (without 411 added to the digit map you will get an extra 10 second dialing delay after pressing 411)

Setup Wizard > Outbound Settings > Phone DigitMap

default digit map
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

edit to add |411
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|411|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Step 2 - Add the new rule to the OutboundCallRoute to dial a designated number when 411 is pressed

Setup Wizard > Outbound Settings > Phone OutboundCallRoute

default outbound call route
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1}
,{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

add {(<411:1xxxxxxxxxx>):spX}, - (substitute your desired number for xxxxxxxxxx,
     and the desired SIP line designation represented by spX)

{(<411:!xxxxxxxxxx>):spX},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1}
,{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

{(<411:18002464411>):sp1},  added to the front of the OutboundCallRoute will call "1800 BING 411" on SP1

Vonage VM

If you press #, your phones connected to the Obi will be connected directly to your LINE (Vonage) and you will get the dial tone from Vonage. From there you can check your voicemail on Vonage as you normally did.

Vonage Call Waiting

Pressing Hook/Flash on the phones is handled by the Obi for configured services. When pressing "long" Hook/Flash the Obi is supposed to pass that through to the LINE port. This is specifically for call waiting on the LINE.

Message Waiting Tone

Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port -> Calling Features
MWIEnable  &  VMWIEnable  should be checked.

RonR

arshad14,

There's no need to modify the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute as jimates suggested to make a simple 411 number substitution.  Leave them both set at Default.  It's also a simple matter to automatically route *123 and international calls to the LINE Port (Vonage).  Assuming the OBi is configured for Google Voice on SP1 and SP1 is the PrimaryLine, make the following changes:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(<**8>*123|<411:18002464411>|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1aaa>xxxxxxx|<**8>011xx.|
(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

where aaa is your local area code.

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port ->  DigitMap : (*?xx.)

411  ->  SP1 (18002464411)
 7 digits  ->  SP1 (1 + area code will be added)
10 digits  ->  SP1 (1 will be added)
11 digits  ->  SP1 (unchanged)

911  ->  LINE Port (Vonage)
*123  ->  LINE Port (Vonage)
011+  ->  LINE Port (Vonage)

Double hook flash support so that you can use call waiting with the LINE Port (Vonage) is enabled by default.

You will not be able to get a stutter dialtone when there is unread Vonage voicemail.

To enable message waiting indication for Google Voice:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> MWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_VMWIEnable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> MessageWaiting : (unchecked) (Default unchecked)