News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Attention K-mart, er, Amazon/Newegg Shoppers! OBi Black Friday Deals

Started by SteveInWA, November 23, 2016, 07:14:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveInWA

Quote from: LTN1 on November 25, 2016, 04:00:43 PM
As of almost 4 P.M. PST, I'm seeing Amazon listing the OBi200 at $35.95 with free shipping only if the purchase is over $49. Since it is a lightning deal, who knows how many minutes it will be there for?

Amazon-mazing.  I searched earlier today, and looked at every upcoming, current and missed lightening deal for today, and it wasn't there.  I imagine it is utter mayhem at Amazon today, managing all those fleeting sales.

Anyhow, yep, I am a Prime member, and it would let me buy one right now for that price, with free shipping.

I feel like buying OBis is like buying lobster at a restaurant.  "Market price"!  I bought a 200 last year, 11/27 to be exact, on Newegg's black November sale, for $29.99.

Ember1205

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 25, 2016, 04:14:43 PM
Quote from: LTN1 on November 25, 2016, 04:00:43 PM
As of almost 4 P.M. PST, I'm seeing Amazon listing the OBi200 at $35.95 with free shipping only if the purchase is over $49. Since it is a lightning deal, who knows how many minutes it will be there for?

Amazon-mazing.  I searched earlier today, and looked at every upcoming, current and missed lightening deal for today, and it wasn't there.  I imagine it is utter mayhem at Amazon today, managing all those fleeting sales.

Anyhow, yep, I am a Prime member, and it would let me buy one right now for that price, with free shipping.

I feel like buying OBis is like buying lobster at a restaurant.  "Market price"!  I bought a 200 last year, 11/27 to be exact, on Newegg's black November sale, for $29.99.

I lost track of how many times I searched through every single Amazon lightning deal, including the MISSED ones, and there was NOTHING there.

SteveInWA

That is why they are called Lightning deals.  They're only up for a few hours, and/or until the allotted number that Amazon determines, is sold out.

If you don't like how Amazon does business, then don't shop there.  I agree that their Lightning deals are a PITA, but I've gotten lots of good buys that way.

Ember1205

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 25, 2016, 06:14:38 PM
That is why they are called Lightning deals.  They're only up for a few hours, and/or until the allotted number that Amazon determines, is sold out.

If you don't like how Amazon does business, then don't shop there.  I agree that their Lightning deals are a PITA, but I've gotten lots of good buys that way.

I understand how they work. Even now, there is NO TRACE of that deal in their listings. Not active, not upcoming, not missed. How are you supposed to know there's a deal if they don't tell you? Am I supposed to click through to the product once every ten minutes for the entirety of the day until it shows up as being on sale?

That's ridiculous.

And, don't get me started on Amazon's policies. I've shopped there for well over a decade, and I may be stopping or at least slowing way down. Their policy changes regarding price protection mean that I'm out in the cold if something goes on sale after I buy it. I spend a LOT of money with them every month / year, including a Prime membership, and they put that all at risk over $8 today.

SteveInWA

See attached.  Beats the heck out of me what they mean by the timestamp, which is obviously wrong.  Maybe it is GMT, or maybe it is for tomorrow (Saturday).  I'm in Pacific TZ.

Ember1205

I dont have "Office Supplies & Electronics" as a category, I have "Office & School Supplies". That deal shows on mine as 7:40PM for when it starts.

Ember1205

Another fail...

Nothing on sale today at NewEgg as advertised.

XL13

Confirmation of Amazon's Lightning Deal pricing yesterday, Saturday Nov 26th 2016:
OBi202 = $55.99, with Free SameDay/24Hour Shipping.
Was available for 6 Hours on Saturday the 26th beginning at 4:40PM PST.
(Your "Deals" page should've adjusted for your time zone).
Prime members got early access at 4:40PM PST, ½ Hour before the general public access.

Newegg email CLAIMS it will have this pricing Cyber Monday week:
OBi 200: $37.99 with Free Shipping: Sunday 11-27 and Monday 11/28;
(** Deal doesn't seem to be active (yet?) on Sunday 11-27 as of 10:30AM PST)
OBi 202: $55.99 with Free Shipping: Wednesday 11-30.
(no "Discount Code" was mentioned in email)

Taoman

Quote from: Ember1205 on November 27, 2016, 10:22:08 AM
Another fail...

Sale is actually on at NewEgg. You need to use promo code: EMCFFGM26

See the following:
NewEgg CyberMonday Sale

Ember1205

Quote from: Taoman on November 28, 2016, 05:09:51 AM
Quote from: Ember1205 on November 27, 2016, 10:22:08 AM
Another fail...

Sale is actually on at NewEgg. You need to use promo code: EMCFFGM26

See the following:
NewEgg CyberMonday Sale

The announcements from OBi stated that the newegg sale was 11/28-11/30 with the OBi 200 being on sale 11/27-11/28 (contradicts earlier dates). There was no discount on 11/27, the OBi200 is on sale now on 11/28, and there's no indication of whether it will continue through 11/29 (if it's supposed to be on sale for two days).

Just ONCE I would like to see them advertise the sales properly. What's the point in telling us about the sales in advance if none of the information is correct?

LTN1

Quote from: Ember1205 on November 28, 2016, 02:46:45 PM
Just ONCE I would like to see them advertise the sales properly. What's the point in telling us about the sales in advance if none of the information is correct?

Being overly dramatic in stating that none of the information is correct.

Yes...Obihai runs its advertising operation and forum like a somewhat disorganized startup business--but there are things that are beyond its control--particularly the time that its third party sellers (Amazon & Newegg) chooses to list and sell. Nothing here is new. No need to become overly irritated at Obihai's modus operandi. Just accept that they run a mom & pop operation (even though they shouldn't) and move on. If not, one always has the freedom to find a different company with a better product and operation.

FreeServiceForLife

Yeah the "sales" absolutely sucked this year.  They have always discounted the OBi200 to 29.99 on Black Friday since it was released.  Instead of replacing my defective 200 with the failed port, I will just keep using my 100 and deal with the lack of ringing on both devices for the same voice number. I spent the $30 on a Amazon fireTV stick with Alexa voice control.. at least the "Jack" won't fail on that!   ::)

mellaby

I'm glad I ordered from Jet last week. The $34.85 was the best price offered. Also the setup on the new 200 was a piece of cake (5 min). ;D

Ember1205

Quote from: mellaby on December 01, 2016, 07:02:26 PM
I'm glad I ordered from Jet last week. The $34.85 was the best price offered. Also the setup on the new 200 was a piece of cake (5 min). ;D

Were you typing and dialing with your toes?  :)

My OBi 200's from Jet won't be here until the middle of next week, and I ordered them on Black Friday.

LTN1

Not Black Friday deal but the last good sale of the year on OBi202s today at Newegg.com.

Price is $49.99 after using promo code EMCFGFK77 (plus tax for states like CA) -- free economy shipping.

See http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833617003&cm_re=obi202-_-33-617-003-_-Product

LTN1

drgeoff

Quote from: LTN1 on December 18, 2016, 12:03:02 PM
Amazon has the OBi202 on sale today for $49.99 with free shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007D930YO/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B007D930YO&linkCode=as2&tag=obihatechn-20

Hope no one complains later on why Obihai never has these things on sale.
Am I not entitled to complain that Obihai never has these things 'on sale' here in the UK?

Mind you, the USA meaning of 'On sale' is different from that in Blighty. 'On sale' just means it is for sale ie it can be bought.  Does not necessarily mean a reduced price. "Item x goes on sale on 10th January" is just another way of saying its release date.

SteveInWA

Quote from: drgeoff on December 18, 2016, 12:52:54 PM
Quote from: LTN1 on December 18, 2016, 12:03:02 PM
Amazon has the OBi202 on sale today for $49.99 with free shipping:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007D930YO/ref=as_li_qf_sp_asin_il?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B007D930YO&linkCode=as2&tag=obihatechn-20

Hope no one complains later on why Obihai never has these things on sale.
Am I not entitled to complain that Obihai never has these things 'on sale' here in the UK?

Mind you, the USA meaning of 'On sale' is different from that in Blighty. 'On sale' just means it is for sale ie it can be bought.  Does not necessarily mean a reduced price. "Item x goes on sale on 10th January" is just another way of saying its release date.

Well then, by your Queen's English definition, OBi devices are always "on sale" in the UK, so stop complaining!   ;D ;D ;D