News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting up GV for Callcentric inbound and Chat outbound using same SPx profile

Started by restamp, November 23, 2016, 09:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

restamp

An OBi202 I'm using has functions assigned to all four of its voice profiles (SP1 - SP4).  One consists of a SIP connection to an incoming-only Callcentric free DID which I use for receiving GV calls.  I would like to configure the OBi so that it continues to use the CC DID for incoming calls, while using a GV chat connection to place calls which are directed specifically to that SP profile.

Given enough time, I might be able to figure it out myself, but frankly it's easier to ask the experts.  My apologies if this has been covered before (in which case, of course, please give me a pointer to the appropriate thread).  Otherwise, I'd appreciate any instructions / success-stories / commentary people may have on how to accomplish this.

Thanks.

Taoman

Quote from: restamp on November 23, 2016, 09:41:05 PM
An OBi202 I'm using has functions assigned to all four of its voice profiles (SP1 - SP4).  One consists of a SIP connection to an incoming-only Callcentric free DID which I use for receiving GV calls.  I would like to configure the OBi so that it continues to use the CC DID for incoming calls, while using a GV chat connection to place calls which are directed specifically to that SP profile.

I've read your post a dozen times and I still can't figure out what you're talking about. You want to make outgoing GV calls (which uses XMPP) on the same SIP trunk that is hosting your incoming Callcentric calls?

I must be misunderstanding you. Can you please elaborate? When you say you have "functions" assigned to SP1 - SP4 what does that mean? Are they all either SIP or XMPP (Google Voice) trunks?

And even if it was possible to do what you're asking why would you want outgoing GV calls "directed specifically to that SP profile?" I'm really not following you here.

azrobert

If one of your other trunks is defined as SIP, you can route inbound Callcentric calls to you OBi2xx via IP address. This will free the trunk you are currently using for Callcentric and use it for GV.

Create a CC call treatment for your inbound DID.
Select redirect calls to "This Number"
Define the number as: 0@xx.xx.xx.xx:pppp
xx.xx.xx.xx is your public IP address
pppp is the X_UserAgentPort of the SP you want to use
In your router Port Forward this port and the RTP ports to the IP address of your OBi2xx
Add the following to the X_InboundCallRoute: {>0:ph}

You can't you "X_AcceptSipFromRegistrarOnly" to block SIP scanners

Taoman

Or he could pay $6 for a Simonics GV gateway account and use a Voice Gateway for outbound GV calls.

restamp

Taoman, azrobert, thanks for your speedy replies.

Taoman:  Sorry my initial post was confusing.  What I was trying to convey is that, yes, all four SP1 - SP4 profiles are already in use, so as azrobert points out, if I want to use XMPP, I'll need to double-up on one of the SIP channels.

azrobert's solutions are always works of art, and this one is not an exception.  It's elegant and I'm sure it would work.  However, I rather like Taoman's last suggestion to go with Simonics.  If I did this, I think I'd drop CC entirely and use the Simonics gateway bidirectionally.  The reasons this looks preferable to me are (1) it's more portable (I can pick up the OBi and take it with me to a new location without having to reprogram anything), (2) both Simonics and CC provide CNAM, which is the reason I was using CC in the first place (although they sometimes yield different results and I'm not sure which one is better), (3) with Simonics, I can keep each trunk (both the incoming and outgoing functions) on its own SP profile which is less complicated, and (4) with Simonics, you aren't tied down to the obitalk portal for programming.  The main downside is that annoying moment of silence you have to remember to account for when you answer an incoming call.

Anyway, you two have given me something to think about.  Thanks again to you both!

drgeoff

Anyone considering using azrobert's suggestion should note that it requires a static public IP address from your ISP.  Many ISPs supply a dynamic address which is liable to change.  And there are even cases of ISPs using Carrier Grade NAT and giving an address in one of the private ranges.

Taoman

Quote from: restamp on November 25, 2016, 11:29:49 PM
The main downside is that annoying moment of silence you have to remember to account for when you answer an incoming call.

Yes, that's my main quibble with Simonics. That's why I use Simonics only for outbound calls and continue to use Callcentric for my incoming calls forwarded from GV. Also, keep in mind if you give up your inbound CC trunk you're also giving up CNAM override thru your CC phonebook, call treatments, and some great telespammer protection.

I was going to bring up the static ip address issue with azrobert's solution but I didn't really think you'd be going that route anyway. I really don't care to do port forwarding unless it is a last resort and nothing else will work.

azrobert

Quote from: drgeoff on November 26, 2016, 01:23:59 AM
Anyone considering using azrobert's suggestion should note that it requires a static public IP address from your ISP.  Many ISPs supply a dynamic address which is liable to change.  And there are even cases of ISPs using Carrier Grade NAT and giving an address in one of the private ranges.

You could setup a Dynamic DNS service. I use FreeDNS and as the name implies, it's free for their basic service. You would then use a name like 0@azrobert.xyz.com:5061 instead of an IP address. You need to setup a mechanism to update your account in case your public IP address changes. If your router doesn't have this function, the OBi can be hacked to perform it. If you use the OBi and move it to a new location, the IP address will automatically update. You would have to setup port forwarding in the new router.

http://freedns.afraid.org/
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4797.msg36667#msg36667

You can manually update the IP address by pasting the URL link into a browser. giqcass is defining auto provisioning in the OBi with that URL link. The auto provisioning fails, but the IP address is updated.

transam98

I also notices the 1-2 seconds of silence from a incoming Simonics call... I suppose after you answer count 1-2 then say hello LOL...

Second...

The callcentric CNAM database they USE is a DIFFERENT CNAM database than SIMONICS uses.

My MAIN phone # that was a vonage # transfered to GV (323-999-XXXX) Phone number, my REAL NAME Shows (from old vonage database)...

On SIMONICS it shows a FAKE name (BUGS BUNNY)(HAHAH) that I created on listyourself.com(or net or whatever)

same scenario with a few other #'s that Ive notices SAME THING once I have dumped CC and switched to simonics.

just a FYI on CNAM