News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Using a GV with NO # assigned in obi to make outgoing calls..

Started by transam98, November 26, 2016, 05:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

transam98

I know this was posted before but Ive looked and looked , cant find the posting... If someone can reference it Id appreciate it...

What I want to do (as from what I can recall)....

I wanna use a empty SP (I have a 508)
and I wanna dial (example **6)(for SP6).... IS this what I even dial ?? (because there is NO phone connected to L6 of my obi).... this way the outgoing call can go out on SP6 ?

Then this will connect to a GVOICE that DOES NOT have a PHONE # assigned to it...

This way the outgoing caller ID will show some random or whatever #..is it always random or the same outgoing GV # ? (Since one is NOT assigned to the gmail/gvoice account ?

How do I set this up ? just set it up as a GVAccount with username/login/pass
and then dial **6 and it will go out via GV with some random #

If someone knows of the post im referring to or a link it would be helpful !
thanks in advance.

azrobert

I believe the account is defined the same as a GV account with a phone number. Try it and see what happens.

The default configuration only supports "**1" thru "**4", so you have to add code with OBi Expert for "**6".

Physical Interfaces -> Phonex Port

Add to DigitMap: **6(Msp6)|
Add to OutboundCallRoute: {(<**6:>(Msp6)):sp6},

You need to add the above code to every Phone Port

transam98

Thanks for the reply ! Will try to do the above edit later and let ya know ! (I havent tried changin stuff with expert before... but will try ! ) and let ya know.

transam98

Ok I added it to ALL Ports 1-8

I had to ADD the | spacer (or separator)... and the COMMA  to all ports as you said (1st I unchecked DEFAULT) then i went and hit SUBMIT (did it to all SP1-8 ) and then did the reboot, went back at them and looked and they DIDNT stay ;(...

plus when I dialed **6 it gave me a fast busy (and I do have SP6 as a Google voice just has NO Phone #) in it... any idea why it wont "take" (that is... AFTER doing UPDATE and then REBOOT and i go back in it shows it back to DEFAULT)

When I do the expert im doing it by going to the OBI's page (192.168.1.95)...

drgeoff

Quote from: transam98 on November 27, 2016, 02:13:23 PM
When I do the expert im doing it by going to the OBI's page (192.168.1.95)...
That is NOT what is meant by 'expert mode'.  Expert mode is on the portal. Or disable Obitalk provisioning if you want to persist with the local onboard GUI. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109.  Surely someone who has been here often enough to make more than 80 posts has learned that!

transam98

When I go into my local ip for obi, under system management I do have it UNCHECKED(Disabled) for auto provisioning...

If I go into the PORTAL on the left i dont have a option anymore for EXPERT Config (this is why I was going to the obi box's IP)

drgeoff

OBi Dashboard (the portal). Click on 'Edit profile'.  Scroll to the bottom and ensure that 'Enable OBi Expert Entry from Dashboard' is ticked. Click 'Submit'.  Then on the line of your OBi use the cogwheel icon with red E in the centre to enter it.

transam98

Thanks DRGEOFF, I setup expert on the obi portal (webpage) so ill do the edits there :) n try it.

transam98

ok so I added the following to all phones (Sp1-8)

Added to DigitMap:             |**6(Msp6)|
Added to OutboundCallRoute:                 ,{(<**6:>(Msp6)):sp6},

(basically appended to the end)
so digit map looks like this:   ([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|[67]XX|**0|***|#[*0-8]|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))|**6(Msp6)|

outbound looks like this:  {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{#0:ao},{#2:ph2},{#3:ph3},{#4:ph4},{#5:ph5},{#6:ph6},{#7:ph7},{#8:ph8},{#*:ph2,ph3,ph4,ph5,ph6,ph7,ph8},{(<6:park>XX<;s=1>):pk},{(<7:pickup>XX<;d=0>):pk},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli},{(<**6:>(Msp6)):sp6},

and did the SAVE/SUBMIT
(as a fyi).. I DID UNCHECK both checkmarks..before editing..

and when looking at portal it has red explanation points.. (see pic)

Plus when I do **6 it gives a fast busy..

drgeoff

You have errors in both the digit map and the outboundcallroute.

There should be no pipe separator at the end of the former and no comma at the end of the latter.

Did you remember to re-enable remote provisioning?

The red exclamation marks merely indicate that the default values are not in use.

transam98

here is what they look like now:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|[67]XX|**0|***|#[*0-8]|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))**6(Msp6)

and:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{#0:ao},{#2:ph2},{#3:ph3},{#4:ph4},{#5:ph5},{#6:ph6},{#7:ph7},{#8:ph8},{#*:ph2,ph3,ph4,ph5,ph6,ph7,ph8},{(<6:park>XX<;s=1>):pk},{(<7:pickup>XX<;d=0>):pk},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}{(<**6:>(Msp6)):sp6}

I fixed (getting rid of the | aNd the ,    then it rebooted, auto provisioning is set to AT SYSTEM START

I dialed the **6 from SP1 (also L1) and still got a fast busy signal ;(

azrobert

Try:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|[67]XX|**0|***|#[*0-8]|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**6(Msp6)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

and:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{#0:ao},{#2:ph2},{#3:ph3},{#4:ph4},{#5:ph5},{#6:ph6},{#7:ph7},{#8:ph8},{#*:ph2,ph3,ph4,ph5,ph6,ph7,ph8},{(<6:park>XX<;s=1>):pk},{(<7:pickup>XX<;d=0>):pk},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**6:>(Msp6)):sp6},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

The digit map rule must be within the 1st and last parenthesis. You were missing a comma before the outbound rule. I placed the rules in a more logical sequence, but they could go anywhere.

transam98

AZ Robert: That totally 10000% worked !!

so I dialed **6 and then the # I wanted to call (my cell) and it said PRIVATE (because the credentials in SP6 have NO GV # associated with it)...

So THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH !!!!

I have one last ?....

I programmed the strings in you posted to my PHONE INTERFACE-SP1
(as i dialed from my L1 that goes to SP1).....

So if I wanna use L2 (aka SP2) do I put the SAME two strings in ?? :)

azrobert

If you made the same changes on all the phone ports then you would dial it the same way.

The phone ports and the SP trunks have no correlation. It depends how you configure them. The default configuration has all the phone ports point to SP1. You can change one or more ports to default to SP6.

Physical Interfaces -> Phone2 Port -> PrimaryLine: SP6 Service

Now Phone Port 2 will default to SP6, so you don't need the "**6" prefix to route a call to SP6.

transam98

well right now I have SP1,2,3,4 all have their OWN phone number.

when I dial out (no **6) they all have thier respective caller Id (which is what I want)...

but what I meant is If I put them same two strings you posted, If I put them into Phone interface-SP2... then If I wanna call out on L2 and BLOCK MY # by dialing **6 it would work just like L1 when I dial **6 and it goes out on SP6 (which is the GV with no # associate with it?) I just dont wanna screw up Phone interface SP2,3,4 by putting the SAME string into all of them :)... ?

By sounds of what DrGeoff said put em into ALL SP interfaces, then I can dial **6 from ANY Line (4 line phone) right ?

Sometimes I like to have my outgoing caller id show (for thier respective lines)(as I have my caller id names set to like bugs bunny and woody woodpecker (lol) :)

thanks

transam98

Thanks again Dr Geoff and AZRobert, Ive put them 2 sets of codes on all of my setups and all work (tested) etc. Thanks again ! !!

Now im off to figure out my Music On Hold ! :)