News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Not Getting a Dial Tone

Started by asim911, July 24, 2011, 09:14:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

asim911

My Obi 110 was working fine & all sudden I am not getting any dial tone. Its getting a kind of echo when I turn on my phone. I updated with recent firmware & rebooted several time but no luck. Any help/suggestion will be highly appreciated.
  Thanks

RonR

Try a different telephone connected to the PHONE Port.  The OBi should provide dialtone even if set to factory defaults and totally unconfigured.  If it doesn't and it's not the telephone, then the OBi must have failed.

asim911

I tried different phone but the same result. One thing I notice that the light of internet on Obi device is blinking. When it was working this light become solid green.
Seems like the device has malfunction.

lhm.

Disconnect power for 15minutes, then power up.
Worked for me.

hokila

I have similar issue last night with my obi100. Spent 2 hours with no luck. I tried again this morning and the problem presented after I set up my google voice (add device, input google info, etc.) then the phone light keep blinking even after I took the phone line off. Here are what I did:

step 1-connect phone, internet, and power (normal, two solid lights)
step 2-dialed **9 222 222 2222 (normal, can hear echo but fuzzy)
step 3-add a device (successfully done)
step 4-add a google voice number (the phone light keep blinking even after I took the phone line off. With the phone line on, there was no dial tone at all).

This was the second installation after the official update. Tried unplug the power for 15 min, but it worked only for a while.

Any suggestion?

RonR

hokila,

An OBi should always get dialtone, even if it's not configured and even if it's not connected to anything other than a telephone.

The first thing to try is replacing the telephone.  If you're confident you have a working telephone connected and still cannot get a dialtone, you probably have a defective OBi and need to contact to OBihai.