News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Non-US Dial plan.

Started by atikansari, July 25, 2011, 02:39:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atikansari

I setup my device as fallows
SP1 = Action VoIP
SP2 = Google Voice
Default Line = PSTN
Panasonic Phone Connected to Phone Port

and my Phone Port DigitMap as follows:
(xxxxxxxS2|0[1-9]xxxxxxx|<**1>00xx.|xx.|<**2>001xx.)

Now I can call my 7/9 Digits though PSTN Landline, International Calls though SP1 and US calls Though SP2 but I can't make calls using **1/**2 method. Any Idea?

RonR

You took out all the logic for:

1. Single-stage dialing to other OBi's
2. Speed Dials
3. Access to the Auto Attendant
4. Access to the Configuration Menu
5. Direct access to the LINE Port
6. Access via **1/**2/**8/**9
7. Access via the PrimaryLine
8. 911 support

In most cases, it's best to leave the PHONE Port DigitMap and PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute totally unchanged and set at Default.  DigitMap changes are usually best made at the respective trunk's DigitMap (ITSPx/LINE Port/OBiTALK).

If you state your objectives, I'll try to help you with an example configuration.

atikansari

My Objective is very simple. when i want to dial local numbers i don't want dial **1/2/8 before the numbers. i want to dial the numbers only. for example. if i dial the 7/9 local numbers it should go trough PSTN. 00(International) will go though SP1 and 001(US) number with SP2.

Thanks.

RonR

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap : (Default checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute : (Default checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : (Default checked)

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : (xxxxxxx|0[1-9]xxxxxxx|<**1>00xx.|<**2>001xx.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap : (00xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap : (001xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

atikansari

Thanks RonR for your help. But still i can't dial using SP2 by dialing **2009140xxxxx format. getting busy tone when i try to call.
because may be explicitly define that only 001 number should go though SP2 and 00 numbers should go through SP1.

RonR

Try this instead (only ITSPA/ITSPB is changed).  Default dialing is unchanged.  **1+number and **2+number will send number out SP1 and SP2 respectively, unchanged and unvalidated.  If that's still not what you had in mind, please be very specific.

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap : (Default checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute : (Default checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : (Default checked)

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : (xxxxxxx|0[1-9]xxxxxxx|<**1>00xx.|<**2>001xx.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap : (xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap : (xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Billy2Hats

I need to substitute 000 for 911 calls to go out over PSTN.

I would also like to have local outgoing calls through SP1 and SP2 (both SIP) prefixed with my area code.

Presently outgoing calls are made through SP1 unless I dial **2.

My area code is 07 and local phone numbers are 55xx xxxx and 56xx xxxx

RonR

Quote from: Billy2Hats on July 31, 2011, 09:03:38 PM
I need to substitute 000 for 911 calls to go out over PSTN.

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|000|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|000):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Quote from: Billy2Hats on July 31, 2011, 09:03:38 PM
I would also like to have local outgoing calls through SP1 and SP2 (both SIP) prefixed with my area code.

Presently outgoing calls are made through SP1 unless I dial **2.

My area code is 07 and local phone numbers are 55xx xxxx and 56xx xxxx

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(xxxxxxxxxx|<07>55xxxxxx|<07>56xxxxxx|0011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

atikansari

Thanks RonR. Now its working...But Can you help me on one more thing. in my phone book some international numbers are starting with 0091xxxxxxxxxx and some are with +91xxxxxxxxx. starting with 00 numbers are going through SP1 but same number with + are going through PSTN and here called fail.

+ and 00 are representing same but Obihai intercepting them differently. any idea how can implement that 00 and + are same and should go though SP1.

i really appreciate your help so far.

RonR

I don't undertand.

My telephone only has 0-9,*, and # buttons.

If you need a '+' sent out a trunk sometimes and '00' sent out a trunk other times, please let me know how you wish to make that distinction.  Either can be sent out at the DigitMap level, but I need to know the triggering event for them.

infin8loop

Isn't a "+" generally just a place holder to be replaced with the actual International Access Code for the country you're calling from? For instance when dialing a number outside the US from the US it would be replaced with "011".  This site http://www.howtocallabroad.com/codes.html calls it an "Exit Code". 
"This has not only been fun, it's been a major expense." - Gallagher

atikansari

When making international calls from countries other than the USA, India, KSA and Asia the following dialing sequence is normally used. 
    00 + (country code) + (city code) + (local phone number)
    +  + (country code) + (city code) + (local phone number)
I can use "00" or "+" to make International calls, and my phone has + symbol on it.

RonR

Unless I'm mistaken, there's only 16 DTMF tones/characters : 0 - 9, *, #, and A, B, C, and D (A, B, C, and D aren't present on standard telephones).  There isn't a DTMF tone for a + character.

I'll need to know what's sent to the OBi when you press the + key.

Billy2Hats

Thanks Ron.

If I may just check with you, my default Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap is as follows:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

I replace the whole line with the one you provided ie

I can now follow the "any 10 digit number starting with 55, prefix with 07" part, is the other "xx. removal" and extra "@"s bits that I have no idea about.   

RonR

Quote from: Billy2Hats on August 06, 2011, 08:01:16 PM
I can now follow the "any 10 digit number starting with 55, prefix with 07" part, is the other "xx. removal" and extra "@"s bits that I have no idea about.    

The default ITSPx and LINE Port DigitMaps contain an xx. rule that matches any string of digits.  This rule defeats all number validation and also interferes with a lot of number transformation rules.  I generally remove the xx. rule as it really doesn't serve any purpose (other than allow any number you dial to be passed through).

The [^*]@@. rule was added when SIP URI dialing support was added.  It's to allow these to be used in Speed Dials:

18005551212@204.74.220.162
18005551212@tf.callwithus.com

The [^*]@@. rule matches anything that that doesn't start with an asterisk.  This rule has all the same problems as the xx. rule.  I like to replace it with @@.'@'@@. which matches only real SIP URI's: anything@anything.  Unfortunately, this rule uncovered a bug in the Digit Map Processor and/or Star Code Processor that causes any Star Codes that use the coll(VAR) function to fail (*60/*62/*72/*74).  I haven't been able to get Obihai to fix this bug and unless/until they do, a bandaid of [^*] has to be added to circumvent the bug.