News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 with CallCentric DID forwarding

Started by jyx186, December 15, 2016, 07:42:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jyx186

I have OBi202 set up. GV is on SP1. In order to get 911 service, I signed up CC's DID Free number, and added it to OBi as SP2. At GV, I also added CC number, and checked forwarding to CC number. Based on the threads I have read, I unchecked forwarding to Google Chat.

However, the issue is if I call my GV number (from another phone), my home phone didn't ring. If I have Google Chat checked again (even with CC number checked), the phone would ring.

Not sure where I missed. I read many threads, still no clue.

Here are my setup:
GV: CC number added, forwarding checked

CC: DID free number ordered. I can call to this number, and my home phone will ring

OBi: SP1: Google Voice (Connected); SP2: CC (Registered)
      Primary Line for Outgoing Calls Route to: SP1
      Phone Rings on Incoming Calls from: SP1, SP2
      Emergency Service Call Routes to: SP2

My goal is to have outgoing/incoming calls through GV. CC is mainly for 911 and CNAM

Please help. TIA!

SteveInWA

Hi:

Good job; it sounds like you have set everything up properly, but obviously, since it isn't working, something isn't right.

To troubleshoot:  on your Google Voice Settings page, Phones tab:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones make sure that there is no check mark to the left of Chat, and there IS a check mark to the left of the CC number.  It should show the ten-digit NY State CC telephone number, not your 1777xxxxxxx CC account number.  For example, 1845xxxxxxx is the number you would use.

Noting the exact time of day, call your GV number from some unrelated phone number.  What happens, exactly?  It should ring the CC number until it gives up and goes to voicemail.

Log into your CC account dashboard, and click the link to look at today's calls.  Do you see a record of the call you just made?  If so, GV is forwarding the call to CC.  If not, then it isn't.

jyx186

Thanks for your reply.

So i tried again with Google Chat unchecked, only my CC number 315-xxx-xxxx checked. I made a call to GV number from an unrelated phone. There was no ring. Looked at CC site, and there was no call received.

So looks like the call forwarding to CC number is not working. Not sure why though.

If I make a call directly to CC number, my phone would ring, so the CC number is fine.

(BTW, i called 933 to check 911 service, and it worked. Now just need to make CNAM work)

SteveInWA

Log into your Google Voice account, and go to the settings page.  Remove the check mark to the left of your Callcentric number, and then completely delete it off of your account.

Click the "add another number" link and add it back again.  It will pop up a window to have you verify the number by calling it, and then you will enter a two-digit verification code on the phone's touch tone keypad.  If you don't see this pop-up, then you have pop-ups blocked, and you need to resolve that issue first.

Does GV successfully call the CC number to verify it?

As for CNAM, for some reason that I can't fathom, by default, CC disables inbound CNAM.  There's a setting on their preferences page, in the "General" section, to enable it.

https://my.callcentric.com/preferences.php

jyx186

When I added CC number to my GV accounts, I was called to verify with two-digit code. So I think I did right.

I also enabled CNAM feature on CC side. The problem is that GV forwarding to CC doesn't work.

Thanks

LTN1

Quote from: jyx186 on December 16, 2016, 05:55:18 AM
When I added CC number to my GV accounts, I was called to verify with two-digit code. So I think I did right.

I also enabled CNAM feature on CC side. The problem is that GV forwarding to CC doesn't work.

Thanks

To make sure the phone # being tested to call into GV isn't being blocked by GV or CallCentric, can you check to confirm that the call-in number is ringing Google chat (the OBi device)? Can you also try another call-in number to see if that number would ring CC?

jyx186

If I call the CC number, my home phone (Obi device) will ring.

Could it be some config on CC side to block the forwarding from GV to CC?

SteveInWA

Please add some other forwarding phone number, such as your cell phone, and test forwarding from GV to THAT phone number.

jyx186

I added my work number, and had it the only number with forwarding checked. It rang when I called my GV number.

SteveInWA

OK, thanks.

There is a new "outbreak" of perhaps a half-dozen or more users on the Google Voice help forum reporting call forwarding failures, from their GV numbers, to previously-working forwarding numbers.

Since your CC number has never worked as a forwarding number, it is impossible to tell whether the issue is just with your particular CC number, or if it is part of a wider issue.  If it is being caused by the wider issue, then there is no point in trying to troubleshoot your CC number today.

Typically, the cause of these issues is a routing failure at one of the intermediate, or "transit" carriers between Google Voice and the final destination carrier.  As this is a newly-reported issue, we haven't gotten any updates back from Google yet.  Given that this is Friday, and they don't work on weekends, and the Christmas/Hanukkah holiday is fast approaching, I don't have any sort of ETA.

I suggest that you just use GV-->Chat-->Obi forwarding for now.  You can post your problem over on the Google Voice forum by clicking the red button in the forum, and you can also watch some of the other threads with this issue.

Here is one thread:  https://productforums.google.com/d/topic/voice/xdPXaGjxaDw/discussion

jyx186

Thank you. Will raise the question after the holidays. I also raised a ticket at CC side to see if the forwarding is blocked or needs some config on its side.

Edited: CC just updated saying it is not blocking GV calls. Since I don't see any incoming activities on its calling logs, i guess the issue is not on CC side.

SteveInWA

OK, great.

Google engineering is investigating the general issue right now...no ETA.

SteveInWA

Please go ahead and post a new discussion thread now, over on the Google Voice Help forum, and simply describe it as:  you have a Google Voice number.  It forwards ok to your mobile phone, but it will not forward any calls to the forwarding number ending in xxxx, which is on Callcentric.  Don't mention that you are using OBi, as it will just distract people from the real  problem.  Thanks...