News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

speed dial numbers now give no service configured error

Started by MikeGJ, December 25, 2016, 06:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeGJ

using google voice on SP1, I rarely use speed dial but yesterday I noticed its giving me the no service configured error; calls out are OK; most of my speeddials are international, and I can dial the number manually fine and the call goes through - just if I try to use speeddial to call the number do I get the no service configured error. Looks like I last used it Jan 2016. Used to have DSL but recently switched to cable for internet - no idea if that has anything to do with it.  Am running 1.3.0 build 2886 so thats the latest and last update.

any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated

thanks

Mike

MikeGJ

drgeoff

Nothing to do with the change of internet access.

Log in to the 110's local management pages. Click on Status then on Call History to see what numbers the speed dials are calling and the SP they are being routed to.

azrobert

When a speed dial is defined with just a phone number, it is processed the same as dialing the number from the phone port and should work the same. The phone DigitMap validates the number and the OutboundCallRoute routes the call.

I suspect your configuration got corrupted. This is rare, but it does happen. I helped two people by redefining the code in a different place, DigitMap defined as a User Defined DigitMap. This also happened to me and I fixed it by doing a factory reset and redefining everything from scratch.

I have 2 suggestions:
1) Define the call in a different speed dial number.

2) Define the speed dial as: sp1(18005551212)
When defined this way, the DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute processing is bypassed and the call is routed directly to SP1.

MikeGJ

thanks - I've tried both and it hasnt helped. I'm guessing something was corrupt somewhere as while I was trying to fix it my default for phone port kept resetting to default and PTSN, even if I changed it back to SP1.

tried changing speeddial to sp1(xxxx) but that didnt work (still get no service configured error

reset to factory default, and logged in to obidashboard - where I had to reconfigure device - it still seemed to have my GV as sp1 but not connected, and reconfiguring installed GV again as sp2.
Oddly my speeddials were still present on the dashboard, but not on obi interface; deleted from dashboad and put new ones back; I can direct dial the numbers but using e.g.  4#  I still get the same service not configured message for the number I get connected with when I manually dial it! trying to use a speeddial with no number associated also gives me the same no service configured error.

basically SP1 is now not configured, SP2 is GV and checking obi interface, primary line is SP2 as well. dialled calls go out, speed dials still no service configured....

MikeGJ

my reply was regarding azroberts suggestions; DrGeoff that did not help as the speed dial attempts do not go out and thus are not logged.

I was thinking that the speeddials were somehow getting routed to sp2 which was not configured, to cause the error, but the sp1(xxxxxxx) trick didnt help.

Now that my GV is on SP2 , I entered a new speeddial and tried it but that gives the service not configured error. I tried putting sp2(xxx) in the speeddial - that also fails with the same error.
reading back the speeddial with *75 gives me the value I entered - either the number or sp2-the umber for sp2(xxxxxxx), but trying to use it still fails

I am at a loss as to what to try next!

azrobert

Are you configuring everything from OBiTalk or are you also using the local interface? If you are using the local interface, don't. Configure everything from OBiTalk/OBi Expert. You can only use one method. I'll explain more if this is what you're doing and want to know.

MikeGJ

Azrobert, thanks for sticking with me! I was going to update you on whats still not working and I am SO STUPID!

I haven't used my international speedials in a while as I've been mostly video chatting, and I it seems as though I must have been trying e.g. #4 to do it ! to day I picked the phone up and tried 4# and guess what it worked. DUH.

#number is what is generating the service not configured error!

Sorry to have wasted your time and thanks for being patient!