News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

google voice - initiates unrequested 3-way call.

Started by ldkronos, July 25, 2011, 10:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ldkronos

I've got an obi110 with Google voice on sp1, call centric on sp 2, and nothing hooked up to the line port. Over the last 2 months, on 3 separate occasions, google voice has initiated a 3 way call without anyone requesting it to do so. For example, today someone called my google voice line, and approx 5 minutes later my cell phone rang. I answered and I was in the middle of their in progress call. All 3 times this happened, it called my cell phone.

I don't believe this has anything to do with the obi, for several reasons. First, it always calls my cell phone, which the obi knows nothing about other than it was just another number that was called at some point (ie: we don't have a speed dial set, or anything else that should make it want to choose this number). Second, when I looked at the obi call status page, it only shows 1 active call (I assume a 3 way call would show 2 active calls, though I haven't verified). Third, the call history page never has any record of the call to my cell phone taking place. So I'm fairly certain this is happening on google's end.

Has anyone ever heard of anything like this? I've tried doing some searching but can't find any info about anyone else having this problem.

OBiSupport

Thanks for reporting this, but so far we have seen similar issue. If you are in a 3-way call, open your call status page, you would see the number of active calls: 2.

You may contact Google on this issue.

arithmerock

I'm wondering if anyone has found a solution or explanation for this?  I'm having exactly the same issue.  When I receive a call, about half a minute later, my cell rings, and I have no way of cancelling the unrequested 3-way call from my landline (that I know of).