News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SP1 Service X_InboundCallRoute reset to default automatically

Started by JackW, December 29, 2016, 12:19:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackW

Hi Support,

I am trying to set up forking for inbound calls on my OBI200.  I have google voice setup and working properly with SP1 service.

Under Voice Services > SP1 Service, I set X_InboundCallRoute = {ph, sp1(xxxxxxxxxxx)}, where xxxxxxxxxxx is my cell phone number.  Submit this change and Reboot.  Then I verified the changes were saved successfully.  I also made a call and both google voice and my cell phone number ring simultaneously.  However, in just a few minutes, I found X_InboundCallRoute was reset back to the default by itself.

Did I do anything wrong or miss any step?  Or is my device defective?

Please advise me how to troubleshoot.

Thanks.

-JW

drgeoff

OBihai support people do NOT routinely read these forums.  This is user to user help.

You have fallen foul of the #1 gotcha for new users. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109

If you have configured GV then almost certainly you have used the OBitalk portal to configure your device.  In which case, continue to do so.  You will need to use the Expert Mode on the portal to access that setting.

It is safe to use the local web GUI to read any of the settings but if you try to change them they will soon be overwritten by the portal.

JackW

Works like magic!

Thanks so much.

-J

Quote from: drgeoff on December 29, 2016, 02:29:56 AM
OBihai support people do NOT routinely read these forums.  This is user to user help.

You have fallen foul of the #1 gotcha for new users. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109

If you have configured GV then almost certainly you have used the OBitalk portal to configure your device.  In which case, continue to do so.  You will need to use the Expert Mode on the portal to access that setting.

It is safe to use the local web GUI to read any of the settings but if you try to change them they will soon be overwritten by the portal.