News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Just set up CNAM with Callcentric and have a few more questions.

Started by leeleses, January 02, 2017, 08:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

leeleses

I bit the bullet.  I signed up for a Callcentric number, and it took like an hour to set up.

1) I got billed $3 for the first month.  I'm fine with that, I'd like to have the 911 service.  I carefully picked over the settings.  I'm "assuming" even though I don't have any outgoing Callcentric service that if I call 911 it will be routed through Callcentric.  It seems to clearly state this in the Obitalk SP2 interface.  Do I have this assumption right?  I believe I set everything up right.  The Obitalk interface is pretty user friendly with lots of helpful tips, suggestions, and fields already filled in for you.

2) Is it $1.50 to set up 911 service, $1.50 for the first month, and $1.50 per month after that, do I have that right?

3) I didn't seem to need or use this part in setting up SP2, I don't fully understand what this text in the set up instructions is trying to tell me?

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=3640.0

Inside your OBi 100/110/202:

•Configure the following based on which SP/Profile you chose to use with CC:

* Service Providers > ITSP Profile X > General -> Name: Callcentric
* Service Providers > ITSP Profile X > SIP -> ProxyServer: callcentric.com
* Service Providers > ITSP Profile X > SIP -> RegistrarServer: callcentric.com
* Service Providers > ITSP Profile X > SIP -> UserAgentDomain: callcentric.com
* Service Providers > ITSP Profile X > SIP -> OutboundProxy: callcentric.com

4) Any particular reason why it seems this set up can only work with the OBI202 and not the OBI200?

5) In the dashboard for Obitalk, it mentions something about a voicemail notification option.  Does this have anything to do with the message waiting indicator on the cordless phone, or what is this notification option?  Does anyone understand what this option would do for me?  Right now it's all blank in Obitalk, nothing set.

Thank You,

Lee

SteveInWA

Please don't create multiple, duplicate posts.  It wastes people's time providing multiple answers.  Thanks.

See:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=12313.0;topicseen