News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiBT issues

Started by Swain, December 23, 2016, 08:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swain

New to OBi (fomer OOMA subscriber for 7 years who decided to switch when my Telo died).  Everything's fine with GV as my voicemail gateway; however, I'm having some issues with OBiBT.

I've successfully paired my wife's iPhone to OBi200 using OBiBT, and the cordless house phones dutifully rang when calls were placed to her cell.  However, if she answers on her cell, the house phones keep ringing.   Other bizarre behavior:

1.  After answering her cell call on the house phone, the call remained active on the iPhone even after hanging up from the house phone. 
2.  At least once the incoming call to her cell phone could not be answered on the house phones (they just kept ringing even after pickup on the cell).  (I had to hang up from the base station to stop the ringing.)
3.  After this incident, a call to her cell did not ring on the house phones.  The iPhone was still paired with ObiBT, but the status was "Not Connected".  I was unable to re-connect with the OBiBT and received an error message suggesting that I move closer (already within 3 feet) and make sure the unit was powered.  It was.

These sound like configuration issues, but I cannot find any information about configuring Bluetooth further (other than pairing).  Is there additional information about configuring bluetooth?  It's absolutely critical for my setup.

Boykin

I have had all the issues you listed and more with Bluetooth on OBi devices.  I quit using my 202s because when a call come in on the cell phone and you answered on a phone connected to the 202, you would get a loud tone every time the other party would talk.  However, my cellphone would always connect to the 202.

I now have my cell paired with a 1032 and half the time I have to manually connect the cell to the 1032.  If I don't answer an incoming cell call, the line button on the 1032 flashes and I have to manually disconnect the cell phone from the 1032 and reconnect it to use Bluetooth again. 

Bluetooth just does not work well on OBi devices.