News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Two Google voice numbers with one Obi200

Started by Candy, September 25, 2014, 06:07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candy

Can I use two Google Voice numbers independently with one Obi200 box? In this way call to the google numbers can be directed to intended cell phone receiver without having to hang up and tell the caller to call again to be answered by another cell phone user. This is typical occurrence in a family who use multiple cell phones in different locations during the day.

In the Obi Dashboard it does have more options but they seem to be intended for other VoIP after set up one Google Voice number. 

CLTGreg

You can have four GV numbers on the 200 if you wish. Currently I'm running three but had it up to four. You can experience distinctive ringing so you know "who" the call is for plus the caller ID of course. My brother is in this boat but the problem is how do you stop someone from answering on the 200 a call intended for someone that is remote that is expecting a call on their cell? That will take some coordination.

Not 100% sure of what you're trying to accomplish but the device can support 4 Google Voice numbers.

Candy

Great.

To distinguish to whom is the incoming call and only let the cell phone of intended person to ring.

Candy

OK, Assuming you have 3 Google voice accounts and each has its own Google email and Google number. And you put each into one Obi box. All 3 Google numbers can be called in and can be forwarded to other non-google numbers. Is that how it work? If you use the hand set connected to the Obi box to call out side, which Google number will be shown on the receiver? Can it be set or defaulted to the very first Google Voice account set for the Obi?

N7AS

You can set any SP slot as the primary line to call out. If you want to call out on a different SP slot just prefix the number you dial with **1, **2, **3 or **4.
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

tomcat82453

I'm aware you can have 2 GV numbers, one I intend to use for land line, the other for fax (is this possible?). I appreciate any help before I order my Obihai (200 or 202).
Tech support says I can use the landline number the same as my fax (the same setup I have with my Magicjack). If expecting fax, just connect the RJ11 to the Epson WF-3640 (AIO printer with fax) and good to go. That is how I did when I was using Magicjack. I'm ditching my Magicjack service.
Thanks in advance,
Tom

azrobert

Fax on GV works for me. If fax works on your Magicjack, it should work on an OBi200/202. An OBi202 has 2 phone ports, so you can have separate lines for your phone and fax. OBi200 has only one phone port, but you can get your phone and fax to work from the single port by using Distinctive ring. You would set your 2nd GV account to have a double ring then set your fax to answer only on a double ring. You won't be able to use both the phone and fax simultaneously on the OBi200.

See Distinctive ring on page 182 of Epson manual:
http://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd3/cpd39368.pdf

Set double ring on GV#2 on OBi200
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_DefaultRing: 3

Use OBi Expert to make above configuration change.