News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Red/Green alternating lights, not a power outage, unable to restore after reset.

Started by videobruce, January 19, 2017, 12:25:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

videobruce

Their so called FAQ claims the flashing Red/Green LED's are due to a power outage. Not so.
On two different Obi202's in ywo different locations, the ATA went into this brick mode. One I managed to recover from the other not so.

Doing the hard reset and tring to update the F/W, neither worked, I still have the Red/Green LED cycling.

Trying to setup a new device using the already established GV account, the 1st try to sync up timed out. The 2nd try did, but it went in this brick mode on both. Some how I mangaed to get the 1st device up & running, but I tried more than once with this, but I'm back to square one.

Do these try to update the F/W during the 'Add device' routine with the update failing which would account for the problem???
I'll take VoIP any day over cell phones !

zorlac

I would try manually flashing the firmware from a directly connected computer via it's IP address not using the OBI web portal.
I was able to resurrect an OBI that had the power removed during a firmware update that was in that mode by re-flashing it manually.

videobruce

I did that. Downloaded the file and flashed it locally. It showed successful, but it went back flashing red.
I read a older thread for the 100 series and it was suggested to disconnect from the router and do a reset. That didn't work either.

This procedure to use a phone to interface with the unit is poor & a web site stinks.
I'll take VoIP any day over cell phones !