News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

issue with accessing Viatalk voicemail

Started by Kamakzie, July 27, 2011, 12:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamakzie

From my phone if I dial *123 it won't let me access the viatalk voicemail on the phone.  I would guess its because Obi mistakes it for an invalid Obi110 code.  Anyway around this?

RonR

Add the following rule to the ViaTalk DigitMap:

Service Providers -> ITSPx -> General -> DigitMap : ...|*123|...

Kamakzie

I take it that I just add that to the end of the string with no spaces?

Kamakzie

I tried adding that to the end of the code and rebooted the Obi and it spits it out after reboot..

RonR

A DigitMap consists of:

(rule|rule|rule|rule)

You want to add in a new rule : *123

Placement isn't important.

RonR

Quote from: Kamakzie on July 27, 2011, 02:57:37 PM
I tried adding that to the end of the code and rebooted the Obi and it spits it out after reboot..

If you're making changes to the OBi locally, you must disable Auto Provisioning or the OBiTALK Web Portal will overwrite what you've just changed as soon as you reboot.

Kamakzie

I'm trying in expert mode on the Obi web interface now and it won't let me add the code.

Kamakzie

Okay I disabled autoprovisioning in local mode and added the *123 and but it still gives me a busy signal as soon as I hit 1 after the star.

Kamakzie

Here's the code that is in there... (1xxxxxxxxxx|<1616>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)  Where should I add the *123?

RonR

(*123|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1616>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

Kamakzie

After reboot it spit it back out to default.  I have the box unchecked in autoprovisioning so disabled is on..

RonR

Are you sure it's the SECOND Method option you set to Disabled and not the FIRST?

Kamakzie

Sorry I had disabled the auto firmware update.  I really need to learn to read... :(  Disabled auto provisioning and wala it works now!  Thanks Ron!

Kamakzie

Next question, is there a setting I need to enable to get my phone to do voicemail found like it does with Google Voice?

EDIT: nevermind figured it out!