News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 202 only rings on one line (using Google Voice)

Started by evxxx, February 02, 2017, 09:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

evxxx

I have 2 Google Voice numbers set up on an Obi202, with 2-line phones throughout the house. The first one rings fine, but the one on SP2 does not ring at all now, though it used to.

The one on SP2 also forwards to my cell.  It used to ring on both the cell and the phones connected to the Obihai box, but now only rings on the cell.  Both numbers are also set up to forward to Google Chat.

What can I do to get both lines to ring on the wired phones?  Thanks.

drgeoff

An OBi200 has a single phone jack which has only the central pair of contacts connected to the single set of phone interface components. It dors not support the second line of a 2-line phone.

1. Log in locally to your OBi200 and look at the Call History to see if calls to the SP2 GV number are actually reaching the OBi.

2. If they are, the SP2 InboundCallRoute determines what the 200 does with the call.

evxxx

My God, I am an idiot! What I have is an Obi202, so that is why I do have two lines into it. I modified my original question and post to say 202 so other people searching will not be confused.

I tried several things, but I think what finally solved it was unchecking the forward to Google Chat, and then enabling it again. So now when someone calls that line, it rings on both my cell phone and the wired phones, as it did in the past. Thanks for your help pointing out my error, and your suggestions as well.