News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

[SOLVED] Click triangle doesn't update...

Started by RunsWithPixels, February 17, 2017, 12:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RunsWithPixels

...rather it sends me to the forum! What the hell??!?!?! I'm logged in remotely so manually updating isn't possible. Why can't I update from the dashboard as I always have??!?!? ???

Taoman

Quote from: RunsWithPixels on February 17, 2017, 12:49:38 PM
...rather it sends me to the forum! What the hell??!?!?! I'm logged in remotely so manually updating isn't possible. Why can't I update from the dashboard as I always have??!?!? ???

Is the device still under warranty or is there a support contract?

The method drgeoff linked to works very well. That's your best bet.

RunsWithPixels

Wow, that port from GV was quite awhile ago. I wonder why this is just NOW affecting me. I don't know why in the world ObiTalk just doesn't apply the updates automatically rather than taking the phone out of service until it's updated. Makes ZERO sense to me. Anyway, thank you for your help! I'll give this a whirl later.

RunsWithPixels

Ok, so I figured out WHY the triangle takes me to the forum instead of updating remotely.

The reason is because the phone is offline. There's no connection that ObiTalk can make to the phone... so, that part is at least solved.

Once I rebooted the router, I was able to click the triangle and the update succeeded. Hopefully, this will help someone else who encounters this same issue.