News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

help! callforwardonbusy

Started by AMCstaff, February 19, 2017, 07:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AMCstaff

need your help forks,
i have 2 obihai200 and 2 google voice numbers
i read the forums several times but can not find solution

i would like to have line1 GV = 928487xxxx to forward to line2 GV = 928351xxxx

in the expert, i did this so far:
in voice services, calling features

CallForwardOnBusyEnable             (box checked)
CallForwardOnBusyNumber          SP1(928351xxxx)
CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable   (box checked)         
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber    SP1(928351xxxx)      
CallForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount    2

so far the only thing work is when call made into the line1=928487xxxx if there is no answer then it would forward to line2=928351xxxx

but if we use line1 and keep it open during conversation and another caller called in, line1 would not forward to line2. but line1 would just go straight to GV voicemail;

we would like to have that when we use line1 to talk and someone call in on the same line1, after 2 rings while busy then line1 forward to line2.

please help  :'(

azrobert

Try disabling call waiting on the Phone port.
Physical Interfaces -> Phone1 Port-> CallWaitingEnable: unchecked

I suggest using the OBiTalk network to transfer the call to the other OBi200. This method will pass the original CallerID.

CallForwardOnBusyNumber: pp(510222222)

Change 510222222 to the OBi number of the destination OBi200.

SteveInWA

Google Voice is not designed to work that way.  It's going to make an inconvenient mess.  In a no-answer scenario, when an inbound call connects to the first OBi, and rings two times, and then forwards to the second OBi via OBiTALK, the second OBi's phone will ring only 2-3 times at most, before the first Google Voice account grabs the call back to its voicemail box.  With a busy-line scenario, after ~25 seconds of ringing on the forwarded-to OBi, again, the first GV account's voicemail will take the message.  This means that the second OBi's user will have to check both VM boxes to find their messages.

I just tested this scenario (yes, using two OBi's and four phones!) and I confirmed that it works as I described.

Google Voice is designed for individual consumer use, on ONE Google account.  It's not a business telephone system.  The best, and most reliable way to do this is to use a SIP VoIP provider that supports hunt groups.  The inbound calls can ring one extension first, then another one, and then go to one unified voicemail box.

Both voip.ms and Callcentric would work fine for this purpose.

AMCstaff

azrobert,
thanks for helping, i tried and not able to get it to work; have you attempt such set up in the past and worked?

steveinWA, i also has magicjack as trial and have several months left, do you have any good advises?

thanks

azrobert

I did test this successfully, but it was a very long time ago.

How are you testing the busy? You can't just take the phone off-hook. The OBi will not detect a busy unless the phone is actually on an active call.

SteveInWA

Quote from: AMCstaff on February 20, 2017, 06:29:47 PM
azrobert,
thanks for helping, i tried and not able to get it to work; have you attempt such set up in the past and worked?

steveinWA, i also has magicjack as trial and have several months left, do you have any good advises?

thanks

Per my previous reply, my suggestion is to use Callcentric.com or voip.ms

I did test this successfully, but it was a very long time ago.

And I tested it last night, as documented above, and while you may have considered it a "success", no, it is a messy and inconvenient solution that is inappropriate for a business.

You can "successfully" light a BBQ with liquid oxygen, but it doesn't mean it's a good idea.

Taoman

Quote from: SteveInWA on February 19, 2017, 10:25:36 PM
The best, and most reliable way to do this is to use a SIP VoIP provider that supports hunt groups.  The inbound calls can ring one extension first, then another one, and then go to one unified voicemail box.

Both voip.ms and Callcentric would work fine for this purpose.

Unfortunately, VoIP.ms does not support hunt groups. Ring groups yes. Hunt groups no.

That's why I can only use Callcentric for the hunt group trick when using Nomorobo so you don't get the first ring if it's a telespammer number. I wish VoIP.ms had this feature.

SteveInWA

That's weird.  Perhaps I was thinking of one of the other SIP ITSPs.  Anveo maybe?

Taoman

Quote from: SteveInWA on February 20, 2017, 07:20:11 PM
That's weird.  Perhaps I was thinking of one of the other SIP ITSPs.  Anveo maybe?

I'm sure Anveo has that feature with their call flow tool but I can't say for sure as I've never used it.

I just have a free Anveo account for a backup route via SIP URI so I don't have access to many of their features.

AMCstaff

azrobert,
i used 1 cellphone to call to OBi1, lift the handset, then leave it outside; use another cellphone and call OBi1; no callforward at all; it went to the GV voicemail; (like SteveinWA mentioned)

on the no-answer (also like SteveinWA), it rings for 2 rings on OBi1, then go to Obi2, then about 4 rings later it went to Gv voicemail.

the above was the same even when i use magicJack number as number2 line to forward (instead of Obi2)

azrobert

Quote from: AMCstaff on February 20, 2017, 07:44:28 PM
on the no-answer, it rings for 2 rings on OBi1, then go to Obi2, then about 4 rings later it went to Gv voicemail.

Does 4 rings before transferring to GV voice mail meet your requirements?

I just tested call forwarding on busy and it worked. I set my OBi200 call forwarding on busy and no answer to transfer the call to my Callcentric Voice Mail. I called the OBi200 from two different lines and the 2nd was immediately transferred to the Callcentric VM. You would get about 6 rings on your OBi2 before transferring to GV VM. This was the easiest way for me to test.

I did NOT place the forwarding parms under Voice Services. I put them in the Phone1 Port section. Make sure you disable Call Waiting.

This is what I did:
Physical Interfaces -> Phone1 Port->
CallWaitingEnable: unchecked
ForwardOnBusyNumber: sp2(1777xxxxxxx@in.callcentric.com)
ForwardOnNoAnswerNumber: sp2(1777xxxxxxx@in.callcentric.com)

AMCstaff

Hi azrobert
i follow yours:
CallWaitingEnable: unchecked
ForwardOnBusyNumber: pp(1928782xxxx)
ForwardOnNoAnswerNumber: pp(1928782xxxx)
ForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount   2

pp(1928782xxxx) is the number i tried to forward to that is not google voice number

anyway still it does not do anything; should i factory reset my obi200?

azrobert

You are not sending the call to an OBi number. It looks like you are using your GV number. Log into the OBiTalk portal. On the dashboard the OBi number is a 9 digit number to the right your OBi200. The number is listed on 2 lines.
The command should be: pp(510123456)
Change 510123456 to the OBi Number of the receiving OBi200.

AMCstaff

thank you azrobert for clarifying,
the whole time i thought that pp(510123456) that you shown above were supposed to be the phone number or landline/cellphone that i need to put on;

if i need to forward to a cellphone or magicjack number then do i use:
ForwardOnBusyNumber:        sp2(1777xxxxxxx@in.callcentric.com)  ---->pp(my number i want to forward here?)
ForwardOnNoAnswerNumber: sp2(1777xxxxxxx@in.callcentric.com)  ---->pp(my number i want to forward here?)

or pp could be ph? or SP1 or SP2? the current obi200 only has the SP1 with an GV account. thanks in advanced.

azrobert

You said:
Quotei would like to have line1 GV = 928487xxxx to forward to line2 GV = 928351xxxx

My understanding is that you want to forward the call to a GV number defined on the 2nd OBi200, ringing the phone port on that device.

You had: CallForwardOnBusyNumber          SP1(928351xxxx)

This is correct. The call will be routed to 928351xxxx using your SP1 provider. The problem with this method is that the receiver will see your GV#1 callerID and not the original CallerID. That is why I suggested "pp(510xxxxxx)". When you forward a call over the OBiTalk network to a 2nd OBi, the original CallerID is passed.

If you want to forward to a cell use "sp1(Cell_Number)", but again you won't see the original CallerID.

You could use "ph", but that doesn't make sense in your case because the phone port is busy. If you had an OBi202, you could forward the call to the 2nd phone port by using "ph2".

I'm sorry I showed you what I did. It was just confusing. I'm forwarding the call over the internet to account number "1777xxxxxxx" at Callcentric. In this example SP2 must be defined as an SIP provider.

AMCstaff

azrobert
there must be some type of problem with my Obi200
every steps i did so far failed to forward, no answer nor busy:

CallWaitingEnable           uncheck

ForwardOnBusy         check   
ForwardOnBusyNumber       : here i tried sp1(928782xxxx)  then SP1(928782xxxx)      
ForwardOnNoAnswer         check   
ForwardOnNoAnswerNumber       here i tried sp1(928782xxxx)  then SP1(928782xxxx)      
ForwardOnNoAnswerRingCount       i tried 2 rings then 4 rings

i must do something realy wrong, i am nearly giving up trying to forward to that number => 928782xxxx =which a MagicJack number.

SteveInWA

Seriously, just take my original advice, and solve your problem the right way.

https://www.callcentric.com/features/call_hunting

http://anveo.com/consumer/features.asp?code=multiplerings

See attached screenshots.

azrobert

Look at the OBi200's Call History to see what's happening.
On the left column you should see an inbound call on SP1.
On the right column you should see an SP1 outbound call to the forward number.

To access Call History:
Log directly into the OBi200 using the local interface.
Key the IP address of the OBi200 into a Web Browser.
Hit Enter
The UserID and default Password are both "admin" without the quotes.
Click Status on the left column then click Call History.

If you don't know the OBi200's IP address, dial ***1 from the phone attached to the OBi200.

Can you successfully call the Magicjack number from the OBi200 phone?

AMCstaff

SteveinWA, i will register for the callcentric

azrobert,
this is what shows:
Call 1   02/22/2017    21:43:00   
21:43:00   From GT1(19283152xxx)    To PH1
21:43:00                                       Ringing
21:43:22                                       Call Ended (486 No Answer)
Call 2   02/22/2017    21:15:51   
21:15:51   From GT1(19283152xxx)   To PH1
21:15:51                                      Ringing
21:16:13                                      Call Ended (486 No Answer)
Call 3   02/22/2017    21:10:58   
21:10:58   From GT1(19283152xxx)   To PH1
21:10:58                                      Ringing
21:11:20                                      Call Ended (486 No Answer)

i dont think there was any forwarding to recorded

azrobert

Are you sure Call Waiting is disabled (unchecked)? The call history shows the phone is ringing. I don't think the phone can ring when busy with call waiting disabled. Try the test again, but listen to the phone attached to the OBi200. Do you hear the call waiting tone?

How are you configuring your OBi200? Are you using the OBiTalk portal or are you logging directly into the OBi200 using the local interface? If you are using the local interface, it won't work unless you disable OBiTalk auto-provisioning. Try using the OBiTalk portal.