News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo E911 only for $15???

Started by DetGuy, February 20, 2017, 07:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DetGuy

Where is it? I am new to using VOIP. I hooked up my Obi200 to Google Voice with ease. I read that I could get E911 with Anveo for $15 a year. I went to their web site, and it directs me to sign up for packages through the Obitalk portal. I checked there, and only see three offerings, the cheapest being $3.33 / mo.

I only want E911, and as cheap as I can get it. Is this a deal that no longer exists for Obi users?

Taoman

Quote from: DetGuy on February 20, 2017, 07:18:26 AM

I only want E911, and as cheap as I can get it. Is this a deal that no longer exists for Obi users?

Anveo E911 is no longer available (by itself) thru the Obitalk web portal. To get that price you must first sign up for a free Anveo account. Then from within the Anveo account you can sign up for E911 for $15/year without alerts.

Cheapest E911 I'm aware of is GV911.com.

DetGuy

Thanks. I was reading a bit more, and I am not sure that I prefer GV911's technology (to put it short).

I was reading more on Call Centric, and was wondering how the Pay Per Call would work if I also have Google Voice? I'm only wanting this for a 911 service, and we might make a very few outbound calls just because we have kids who will likely dial out for no reason at all other than toddler..

SteveInWA

Callcentric E911 is $1.50/month if you don't have one of their bucket-o-minutes monthly plans, so that works out to $18/year.  Anveo is $15/year.  Pick your poison.

DetGuy

I don't see any of their plans for $1.50. I see their 120 minute plan for $1.99. Is there somewhere on their site to sign up for just E911? I'm not seeing anything other than:

https://www.callcentric.com/rate/plans/

SteveInWA

It's odd that they don't explain it on their rate chart, but then again, their pricing approach is confusing to newcomers.  They sell inbound calling separate from outbound calling.  E911 service is offered with their outbound calling plans.  E911 is included at no extra charge on all of their plans with buckets of minutes, so there's no fee listed.  Personally, I use the North America 500 plan, but even their 120 minute Basic plan for $1.95/month comes with E911 included.  Perhaps that plan would be ideal for you?  I think of it as E911 for $1.50 + 120 min. for 45 cents.

It used to be that the pay-per call plan would have an optional $1.50/month fee for E911, but I don't see it spelled out.  If you start the signup process for the PPM option, and it doesn't have the $1.50 E911 option, you can always email them and ask.

OBiSupport

Please note:  Anveo has raised the OBiTALK configured E911 service for OBi devices from $15 to $25 per year.

LTN1

Quote from: OBiSupport on April 07, 2017, 03:25:26 PM
Please note:  Anveo has raised the OBiTALK configured E911 service for OBi devices from $15 to $25 per year.

This is almost a 67% jump in price.

Anveo's basic plan with the OBi device is only an extra $15 per year and includes E911 and 333 minutes of outgoing calls each month.

A person would have to be too lazy to change or just stupid to pay $25 just for E911 when other options are available for cheaper like Callcentric or GV911.

People should boycott Anveo's 67% rate hike for a simple service like E911 and move their services elsewhere.

chilirock

Sign up for CallCentric's Free NY DID service for free unlimited inbound calls. When you do that CC will require you to sign up for E911 for a flat $1.50/month. That's it, no other cost. While the service does not include any outbound calls, it does include E911 outbound calls without limit or additional charges. I believe that the E911 only service on Anveo has a limit on the number of 911 calls/month beyond which there is an additional charge.

If you want to minimize your total cost then setup your Google Voice number as your primary provider for outbound calls (SP1) and setup your free CC number for inbound calls (SP2) and forward your GV number to your CC number. The added advantage with CallCentric free DID service is that you also get free CNAM for caller name. This is my setup. So if you have any questions post back.

rrgg

To get CallCentric E911 service, do I really have to do everything described in the last post?  (Enroll in NY DID service for inbound calls and then forward my GV number to CallCentric.) 

I have Anveo E911 this year, and if I switch to CC E911 later I'd like it to be simple.  Thanks.

SteveInWA

Quote from: rrgg on June 01, 2017, 07:33:36 AM
To get CallCentric E911 service, do I really have to do everything described in the last post?  (Enroll in NY DID service for inbound calls and then forward my GV number to CallCentric.)  

I have Anveo E911 this year, and if I switch to CC E911 later I'd like it to be simple.  Thanks.

Read:  https://www.callcentric.com/faq/23

You can just sign up for per-minute outbound calling.  There's no monthly charge for that (you are only charged for the calls you make).  It will then add the E911 service for $1.50/month.   Or instead, you can subscribe to the North America Basic outbound calling service, for $1.95/month, which includes E911 service plus 120 minutes of outbound calling.

You don't have to use the INbound calling features of Callcentric if you don't want that.

GPz1100

Noticed something anveo offers that CC may not - e911 alerts.

Is this something that can be configured with callcentric? 

QuoteWhat is Anveo E911 Alerts?
E911 Alerts feature is used to notify an interested party (a person, a group of people or even IT systems) when 911 is dialed. The following notifications are supported: Email, IM, SMS/Text Message, Automated Phone Call to a phone number, HTTP Call Back to IT system (like Emergency Management Systems).

Can you give me an example when E911 Alert could be useful?

Emergency Dispatch Notification is very useful if you have employees which migh dial 911. Another common use is if you would like to be notified right away if 911 call was dialed from your home (for example by an elderly person at home).

SteveInWA

Quote from: GPz1100 on October 09, 2017, 08:53:38 PM
Noticed something anveo offers that CC may not - e911 alerts.

Is this something that can be configured with callcentric? 

QuoteWhat is Anveo E911 Alerts?
E911 Alerts feature is used to notify an interested party (a person, a group of people or even IT systems) when 911 is dialed. The following notifications are supported: Email, IM, SMS/Text Message, Automated Phone Call to a phone number, HTTP Call Back to IT system (like Emergency Management Systems).

Can you give me an example when E911 Alert could be useful?

Emergency Dispatch Notification is very useful if you have employees which migh dial 911. Another common use is if you would like to be notified right away if 911 call was dialed from your home (for example by an elderly person at home).

No, Callcentric doesn't offer E911 alerts.

Godder71

Quote from: Taoman on February 20, 2017, 08:53:09 AM

Anveo E911 is no longer available (by itself) thru the Obitalk web portal. To get that price you must first sign up for a free Anveo account. Then from within the Anveo account you can sign up for E911 for $15/year without alerts.

But how could it be so cheap ?!! generally do you people mind if i'm going to have some questions for you please? i'm currently unable to learn as i sit home running human growth hormone under my doctor prescription but in the meantime i would like to learn as much as i can from you more experienced people.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Godder71 on October 11, 2017, 04:58:24 AM
Quote from: Taoman on February 20, 2017, 08:53:09 AM

But how could it be so cheap ?!

"But how could it be so cheap?" asks the person who is being offered a "Rolecks" watch for sale.  It's 911 emergency calling.  Is it worth saving a few bucks, or is subscribing to a known-working, reliable 911 service more important to you.

Strangelove

Quote from: chilirock on April 08, 2017, 02:14:05 PM
Sign up for CallCentric's Free NY DID service for free unlimited inbound calls. When you do that CC will require you to sign up for E911 for a flat $1.50/month. That's it, no other cost. While the service does not include any outbound calls, it does include E911 outbound calls without limit or additional charges. I believe that the E911 only service on Anveo has a limit on the number of 911 calls/month beyond which there is an additional charge.

If you want to minimize your total cost then setup your Google Voice number as your primary provider for outbound calls (SP1) and setup your free CC number for inbound calls (SP2) and forward your GV number to your CC number. The added advantage with CallCentric free DID service is that you also get free CNAM for caller name. This is my setup. So if you have any questions post back.

So will the E911 work if you set the outbound calling to Google Voice?

SteveInWA

Yes.  During setup, you will add another Service Provider (SPx) slot to connect to the E911 service,  Then, there will be a box to check to indicate if you want to use that SP for emergency calls, which you will check.

CosmoEPTX

I have had Anveo free plan for years, which I use as SP2 for e911 and outgoing international calls, and only pay 80 cents each month for E911. I just checked and they haven't raised the prices. Am I blessed?

Taoman

Quote from: CosmoEPTX on December 05, 2017, 07:04:04 AM
Am I blessed?

Possibly, but that's a theological discussion for another time. You are "grandfathered" in at that old cheaper price. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Anveo has indeed raised their prices for E911.