News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Distinctive Rings

Started by gmvolk, July 28, 2011, 09:13:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmvolk

Hello all, just got my Obi110 the other day.  So far seems to work great.  What I would like to do is have a distinct ring on the POTS line compared to my Google voice on SP1.  I have two Google voice numbers, and SP2 has a distinct ring but SP1 and the POTS ring the same.  Eventually, I will get rid of the POTS line but we need it for now.  I went into the expert settings from the ObiTalk portal, changed the ring waveform, but I don't see a change.  Anything else to look at?

Thanks

QBZappy

gmvolk,

From what I can see there are only 2 ring profiles to choose from,  A or B. Although you can choose different ring patterns, the OBi gives us only the possibility of having 2 distinct ring types for the all the services, POTS, SP1, SP2, and OBiTALK Service.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RonR

Each trunk can select from 10 ring patterns:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_DefaultRing : (1 -10)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_DefaultRing : (1 -10)

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> DefaultRing : (1 -10)

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DefaultRing : (1 - 10)

QBZappy

RonR,

Thanks I missed that one.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

gmvolk

Thank you.  That is just what I was looking for!

gmvolk

Is there an easy way to hear what these rings sound like?  Right now, have to set it to the device then call my number, try the next one, etc.  My wife and kids think I'm crazy that I keep calling!  Please save my sanity.

Thanks

RonR

Quote from: gmvolk on July 29, 2011, 08:05:32 AM
Is there an easy way to hear what these rings sound like?  Right now, have to set it to the device then call my number, try the next one, etc.  My wife and kids think I'm crazy that I keep calling!  Please save my sanity.

For testing, it might be a little easier to:

1. Call the Auto Attendant (**0)

2. Press 3 for a Callback

3. Enter 0# and hang up to have the Auto Attendant call the PHONE Port back.

At least you don't need to call in from another phone.   :)

OBiSupport

Quote from: gmvolk on July 29, 2011, 08:05:32 AM

Yes, this seems to be the only way.

If you are only interested in how ringing cadence sounds like, the alternative is to edit dial tone cadence, and make it same to one of ringing patterns. You will get an idea when you listen to dial tone once lifting your handset off the hook.

gmvolk

Thanks,  I will give your suggestions a try.

gobluelou

EDIT

Never Mind, figured it out.