News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200 Set up

Started by mynar49er, December 29, 2016, 10:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mynar49er

I cannot setup because a Softphone number is in the place where my number
should appear. I have sent support ticket with no response. What next?

drgeoff

The softphone number is an additional number.  It does not prevent anything.

You need to go through the **5 xxxx procedure to register your OBi200 on the portal.

Have you confirmed that you can reach the **9 222 222 222 test number?

mynar49er

I did that many times.
I even did the factory reset.
I rebooted.
The **5 number goes through and confirms number has been sent to server.
But the 222 number just times out with no connection.

drgeoff

I don't understand how the **5 number "goes through" but the echo test number fails.  I have just dialled that and the echo test server is working.

My usual advice is that until you can reach the echo test number you are wasting your time trying to proceed.

Troubleshooting: http://www.obihai.com/support/troubleshooting/sg/adddev

drgeoff

If you know enough to disable firewalls you will be able to understand the details at http://www.obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide#_Toc367543041 to check the values of IP address, subnet mask, gateway and DNS server.

I still think the chances that your OBi200 is faulty are small.

mynar49er

My modem/router is cable company ARRIS Model TG1672G.
I don't know how to change anything about it.

drgeoff

Quote from: mynar49er on December 29, 2016, 02:21:03 PM
My modem/router is cable company ARRIS Model TG1672G.
I don't know how to change anything about it.
I have not suggested you make any change to your router.  In fact I have not even mentioned your router.

But I am now very puzzled as to the firewalls you have disabled.  They are present in routers and often in computers.  Any in your computer(s) have absolutely no bearing on the operation of your OBi.

mynar49er

I went your troubleshooting link:
Troubleshooting > Solid GREEN > Unable to add device to OBiTALK

Are you able to dial **9 222-222-222 to reach the Echo Test Server?
NO
Put your OBi to DMZ on your router's settings and reboot the router (click HERE for example). Try adding your device again.

I have rebooted the router but I don't know how to put the OBI to DMZ on the router's
setting.

drgeoff

I thought your comment about your router was in response to me suggesting you use your phone to get the details of the OBi's IP address, netmask, gateway and DNS.

Go back to absolute basics.

Dial ***1 and the OBi's IP address will be read out to you.  Write it down.  On your computer type that address as a URL into your web browser.  At the login prompt enter 'admin' (without the quotes) for username and password and click 'OK'.

You will see a page like http://www.obihai.com/uidemos/obi200/i.

Post here all the values you have in the WAN Status section, except the MACAddress.

Scroll to the bottom and post here what you have under OBiTALK Service Status.

Gutierrez

??? I am very confused. My OBi202 stopped working all of a sudden. When I dial **9 222 222 222 I get the error, no  service available. I do get my IP address read out when I dial ***1. However, I can't access the web interface.

I have no idea what the cause is as I have no firewall enabled on my modem/router Motorola SBG6580.

FIY: I performed a factory reset but the problem persists  :-\

drgeoff

Quote from: Gutierrez on February 17, 2017, 03:37:58 PM
??? I am very confused. My OBi202 stopped working all of a sudden. When I dial **9 222 222 222 I get the error, no  service available. I do get my IP address read out when I dial ***1. However, I can't access the web interface.

I have no idea what the cause is as I have no firewall enabled on my modem/router Motorola SBG6580.

FIY: I performed a factory reset but the problem persists  :-\
The 202 defaults to running in router mode.  It also defaults to disabling access to the web interface through its INTERNET port.  I guess you have the 202's INTERNET port and your computer plugged in to LAN ports on your router.

If your computer and 202 are close enough together that you can use an ethernet cable between the two, temporarily connect the computer to the 202's LAN port, reboot the computer and put 192.168.10.1 in the browser.

Or put the 202 into bridge mode. See http://www.obihai.com/OBiDeviceAdminGuide#_Toc367543042, the '31 code'.

Or enable access from the INTERNET (WAN) port.  The '30 code' at the same part of the Admin Guide.

With bridge mode or WAN access enabled, use the IP address read out in response to dialling ***1.

None of the above will fix your initial problem but you should now be able to gather more info as to what is wrong.