News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Pause in speed dial / drop one call obi1062

Started by wpsb, February 23, 2017, 12:29:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wpsb

I saw a bunch of posts about this but could not find the solution. I'm using GV and my 1062.

I programmed in a number into speed dial. I was hoping to put in an access code (ie following the number) but when I put in a , to pause it didn't seem to work. I tried reading the threads but couldn't seem to figure  out the solution.

Also when I have two lines conference together on the same SP (using GV) is there a way to drop one of the calls? It seems when i hit end both lines drop and there is no way to highlight only one of the calls (unless they are on two separate SP lines)

Thanks!

drgeoff

You can't do the first of those with a pause.

The phone number you want to call is sent to your ITSP as characters in a data message.  The access code needs to be sent as DTMF tones over the audio circuit established when the called phone answers.  A pause does not instruct the OBi to change the treatment of the following numbers in the speed-dial from the first mode to the second.

Originally what you require was not possible.  Obihai did later introduce that feature but it is not well documented.  See http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8983.0.  Search the page (Cntrl-F in most browsers) for 5.0.0.2824 and you will find:

"New Feature: Support ;send=... attribute in the Number field of a Speed Dial Feature Key . The value of this attribute specifies a number of digits to send to the remote party, with optional pauses and user input digits in-between."

I've never used this so can't tell you exactly how you format a speed dial entry to incorporate it.

ianobi

Pause in speed dial:

I think this has to be done using a programmable key. I cannot remember where I found this!

OBi10xx series speed dial with pauses etc:

Number = {speed-dial-number};send={digits}

{digits} = one or more of the following codes (case-sensitive):

0-9,*,#,a,b,c,d = send corresponding dtmf (100 ms on+off)
S = Delay for 3s
s = Delay for 1s
A = Wait for Answer (or otherwise start sending on early media, if available,
                           or when call is answered, whichever first)
U = Prompt user on phone screen to dial any number of digits manually, then
      click "OK" to continue sending remaining DTMF's
"prompt" = (Only allowed right after a U) An optional prompt to
     show on screen to prompt user to enter digits; default is
     "Press OK to continue".

Here is an example:

{digits} = ASSss1234U"Enter Password"s4567U"sSEnter a code"123#

Means:
Wait for callee to answer, wait 8s, send 1234,
then prompt user to "Enter Password"
When user click OK, wait 1s, then send 4567.
Prompt user to "Enter a code", then send 123#

I set up a key as a speed dial like so:
12345678901;send=ASSss1234U"Enter Password"s4567U"sSEnter a code"123#

Works as advertised.

wpsb

amazing! Works great. Thanks so much!

One more question - I realize this one may seem obvious. I'm using GV. When I have two callers on (conference call mode) on the same SP, is there a way to drop just one of the callers? I can't seem to highlight just one of the two to drop one.

When I'm using a 2 separate SP with two separate GV, I can easily do it. But when they are bridged together on one SP I can't seem to only drop one.

ianobi

QuoteWhen I'm using a 2 separate SP with two separate GV, I can easily do it. But when they are bridged together on one SP I can't seem to only drop one.

Sorry, I'm in the UK and don't use GV, so I have zero knowledge on that subject. Hopefully, one of our GV experts will step in.

ianobi

Well that was a whole ten months ago  :)

Knowing how bad my memory is, when I see some useful info I copy and paste it into my "Obi Useful Info" doc.

Interestingly, Obihai still don't seem to have documented this feature anywhere in their guides.

wpsb

I agree. Some of the features are very obvious and others are not so. I've read the instructions a few times and remain confused.

Lets start with the positives - this solution works great so thank you. Here are some other issues I've found. Maybe you can help!

1) When I'm using my OB1062 to dial 922 (to test my 911 service), it keeps dialing out of SP1 even though I'm dialing out of SP6. I followed the instructions on GV as well but for some reason it defaults to SP1. I'm guessing this is a setting thats off, but if i hit the SP6 line to dial, why does it keep dialing out of SP1?

2)   I want to be able to transfer a call from my OB1062 to my Ob202. However, I want to send it to a specific SP on the 202. Right now both numbers (both SP with different GV) ring.  I just want one specific GV # (on Sp2) one to ring when I transfer it. How can I fix that? In other words if I'm using a phone number 914-555-1212 and want the same number (and same SP) to transfer to my second device without the other SP (and different GV) on the 202 ringing? To be clear on my Obi202, I have two separate GV accounts. Why can't I set up the link to ring only ONE of those GV accounts.

3)   I set up auto update per theinstructions on the website but both show that the firmware needs to be updated even when it's the current firmware. So every day I walk in and it says to update. Every day for the past 4 days it shows that the firmware needs to be updated on both lines. Unless obi is releasing new FW every day, I seem to be getting a false positive.

4)   I have 6 SP (and 6 different GV) on my phone. Why can I only conference in 4 calls? Why shouldn't I be able to link more than 4?

5)   Is it possible to mute the ringer on ONE SP #? I don't want it to go right to voicemail, I just want either the volume to be lower or off. The reason is that I have this line on my OB202 and only want it ringing there and not on the 1062. However I do want the ringers to ring on the other SP lines. When i tried to do this on the phone i could only turn them all on or off. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

6) I'm having real problems doing conference calls on my phone. Let me be specific. If I am speaking to someone on my phone, and then someone calls me on the same GV number, how do i conference them together? In my old phone, I would hit hold, then it would give me the option to bridge both numbers together. on the ob1062, it won't allow me to bridge the two lines unless i dial out. I also tried to bridge two outgoing calls on two separate SP/GV numbers but it wouldn't allow me to hit conference then bridge them.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

N7AS

Quote from: ianobi on February 24, 2017, 12:36:42 AM
Pause in speed dial:

I think this has to be done using a programmable key. I cannot remember where I found this!

OBi10xx series speed dial with pauses etc:

Number = {speed-dial-number};send={digits}

{digits} = one or more of the following codes (case-sensitive):

0-9,*,#,a,b,c,d = send corresponding dtmf (100 ms on+off)
S = Delay for 3s
s = Delay for 1s
A = Wait for Answer (or otherwise start sending on early media, if available,
                           or when call is answered, whichever first)
U = Prompt user on phone screen to dial any number of digits manually, then
      click "OK" to continue sending remaining DTMF's
"prompt" = (Only allowed right after a U) An optional prompt to
     show on screen to prompt user to enter digits; default is
     "Press OK to continue".

Here is an example:

{digits} = ASSss1234U"Enter Password"s4567U"sSEnter a code"123#

Means:
Wait for callee to answer, wait 8s, send 1234,
then prompt user to "Enter Password"
When user click OK, wait 1s, then send 4567.
Prompt user to "Enter a code", then send 123#

I set up a key as a speed dial like so:
12345678901;send=ASSss1234U"Enter Password"s4567U"sSEnter a code"123#

Works as advertised.

I tried xxxxxxxxxx;send=AS*U"Enter Password"syyyyU"

xxxxxxxxxx = phone number

*= Need to hit * to get into VoiceMail

yyyy is pasword (4 digit numerical pin)

Does not work as I still have to enter * and it promps for a password  "Password"

What am I missing?
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.