News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Problem Adding VOIP.MS

Started by Tack, July 28, 2011, 12:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tack

I have wanted to add VOIP.MS on SP2 (Google Voice is on SP1), so I went to the ObTalk page, clicked the Obi110 number, which brought up a page allowing the SP2 account to be entered.  I chose VOIP.MS from the dropdown and entered account data.

Now, it's still unconnected, and the data for VOIP set-up has not be transfered to the Obi110, as I can see by pulling up its own configuration page, which shows no SP2 account information has been entered.

I was under the impression that this occurred by some script.  Does the VOIP.MS info have to be entered into Obi110 annually?

Appreciate the assistance, as always.

RonR

You have to configure the OBi via the OBiTALK Web Portal or locally through the OBi itself, but not both.

To configure the OBi locally, you must disable Auto Provisioning to prevent the OBiTALK Web Portal from overwriting your local settings every time you reboot.

To configure the OBi from the OBiTALK Web Portal, you must have Auto Provisioning enabled.

The OBiTALK Web Portal is not smart enough to leave your locally changed settings alone.  It the OBiTALK Web Portal hasn't been updated with the changes you've made locally, enabling Auto Provisioning will allow the OBiTALK Web Portal to overwrite them.

If you've been making changes to the OBi locally with Auto Provisioning disabled, you should backup your OBi configuration and import that file to the OBiTALK Web Portal before enabling Auto Provisioning if you want the changes you've made locally to be preserved.

Tack

I had disabled auto provisioning (if you recall) so I could enter a setting to make incoming calls ring the Obi-attached phone as well as my softphone.

I think i'll just enter the VOIP info manually, but, as far as importing the Obi backup to ObiTalk, how does one do that?  I don't see any obvious import function on the home page or device set-up.

Thanks.

RonR

OBi

System Management -> Device Update -> Backup Configuration

OBiTALK Web Portal

OBi Dashboard -> Your OBi Device -> OBi Expert Configuration -> Import Config to OBi Expert

If you've gotten comfortable configuring the OBi locally, it's much easier/simpler to continue doing so plus you have access to more functionality and status locally than you do through the OBiTALK Web Portal.

Tack

Thanks for valuable advice.

OK, I entered all the information locally, as per voip.ms instruction: http://wiki.voip.ms/article/OBi110

However, I am getting the following error: Backing Off (499s):Authentication error

What now?

Thanks.

P.S.  There are no funds deposited yet in my new 'free" voip account.  Would that have an effect?

Tack

I might add that on the local Obi setup, there are not transports shown under the dropdown boxes for registrarserver and proxyserver, just blank white space.  And, there's no useragenttransport setting shwon, at all.

Hmmmm....

RonR

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> Name

is not used, but VoIP.ms would be a whole lot more meaninful than 100000.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> Sip -> RegistrarServer

can be left at default since it's the same as ProxyServer.

Don't forget:

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B

Authentication error is almost certainly a bad username/password.

RonR

Quote from: Tack on July 28, 2011, 01:56:18 PM
I might add that on the local Obi setup, there are not transports shown under the dropdown boxes for registrarserver and proxyserver, just blank white space.  And, there's no useragenttransport setting shwon, at all.

I'm not sure what you're talking about here.

Everything on ITSPB/SP2 should be at Default, except:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> Name : VoIP.ms

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : atlanta.voip.ms

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (your sip credentials username)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthPassword : (your sip credentials password)

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallerIDName : (your name)

Tack

Tellling SP2 to use Profile B did the trick, I think.  Status now shows: Registered (server=68.233.226.97:5060; expire in 51s)

Is that what I want to see?

Thanks.

RonR

Looks promising.

The real test is to make a call.

Tack

Guess I have to add some funds to the account unless someone knows a free test-call number.

QBZappy

Echo test on voipms works with zero balance in the account I think. Dial 4443. I'm not sure how you are setup, you may need to setup a dial plan for 4 digit calling.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Tack

Thanks.  Yes, 4443 worked perfectly for echo test.  I'm good to go.

TSellers

I'm also having a problem getting VOIP.ms on SP2 Service, ITSP Profile B. I have Freephoneline on Profile A and it works fine. My voip.ms is working fine on a PAP2T ATA. I have followed the instructions above, using my own password, server and configuration examples in voip.ms tutorial for the Obi110, but still no luck. Because I have Freephoneline on port 5060, I placed voip.ms on port 5080 which I was advised to do by a VOIP.ms support person when I was setting up the Linksys ATA. So accordingly I have used that port assignment in the Obi110, and I have also forwarded it in the Router tables to the IP that the Obi is using.

Any suggestions on how to proceed would be much appreciated,

Regards, John

RonR

You shouldn't need to change any port numbers in the OBi.  I recommend you return them all to Default.  In your router, forward ports 5060 - 5061 and you should be fine.

The most common cause of problems is forgetting:

The settings in Reply #7 above should be appropriate.

TSellers

Thanks for that.

I had noted that configuration string and changed it to X_ServProvProfile B

I also changed the Ports back to 5060 as suggested, and reviewed the changes suggested in reply #7 to make sure I had not missed anything. In addition I noted that VOIP.ms had suggested:

QuoteThe default is PSTN. Select SP1 Service if you only have one SIP account configured on the device. Select Trunk Group 1 to have it attempt to place calls using SP1 first, then SP2. Additional Trunk groups can be configured under Voice Services >> Gateways and Trunk Groups.

So I played with those settings some more and did some trial and error, but nothing I did had any effect. Could my present problem lay in the Gateway and Trunk Group settings?

RonR

You've never mentioned exactly how it's not working.

Does:

Status -> System Status -> SP2 Service Status -> Status

show registered?

You don't need anything set under: Voice Services -> Gateways and Trunk Groups

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port PrinaryLine is probably set to SP1 Service, which means you have to place calls for SP2 using **2 + number.

TSellers

Thanks, I was going around in circles trying and retrying various parameters when the post was updated.

Status for SP2 is: Register Failed: 403

Line port satus shows:
On Hook 
0 mA 
0 V

My phone port is set to 'Trunk Goup 1' as suggested by the voip.ms tutorial.  In Trunk Group 1 settings the TrunkList is sp1,sp2

RonR

Using Trunk Group 1 will cause calls to go out SP1 if available, SP2 otherwise.

The OBi is talking to VOIP.ms, but VOIP.ms is rejecting the SIP Registration request.  Are you sure you're using the correct SIP credentials?

Ignore the VOIP.ms tutotial and use ONLY the settings in Reply #7 above.  Everything else on SP2 and ITSPB should be set to Default.

TSellers

Thanks,

Just to be safe, under system management I did a 'Reset Configuration' first. Then I went back and just entered the steps shown in #7. I did not configure SP1, so it is back to defaults. THe only difference from step #7 of course is the server I use which is 'Toronto2.voip.ms' rather than Atlanta. After a reboot I see: 'Register Failed: 403'

FOr my user ID and password I cut and paste them direct from my account page at voip.ms, and make sure there are no leading or trailing spaces on the line before saving it. THey are the same as what the PAP2T is using as well.