News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo e911

Started by tomcarp, February 25, 2017, 09:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcarp

Hi experts,
I went to Anveo website and created an account for my e911 service, deposited funds to cover the $15.00 one year service. After verification and approval, I now see my account at Anveo website. How do I configure my device to tie in with the e911 account that I've created?
After going around in circles, I discovered that I should've initiated the Anvea e911 account signup through Obitalk Portal. Please help!
I appreciate your ideas and help. Thank you.

Tom

tomcarp

After hours of digging for instructions on how to incorporate my paid subscription to Anveo e911, I finally solved it. A call to 933 verified the validity of the information that I entered.
Good luck to future owners of Obi devices.

tomcarp

I guess I spoke too soon. After testing my Anveo e911 setup and verivied to be working via 933 call, I tried calling friends and relatives and no one picked up, assuming they're not home. I tried calling a bank customer service but didn't get a response. So, I tried calling my cell phone and it wast ringing and indicated the call was coming from the Anveo e911 account number, which turned out to be the phone number. I don't think I requested for an Anveo number. So, now whenever I place a call, it's calling out on the Anveo e911 and not my Obi202 number. I have no idea how to fix this. Please help me experts   :(

Tom

tomcarp

Still learning. But after a call to Anveo, he pointed out that the outgoing calls are configured and routed through Anveo not Google voice. After selected outgoing calls routed to SP1 phone 1 (GV), all is well.   :) ;D :D

OBiSupport

Please note:  Anveo has raised the OBiTALK configured E911 service for OBi devices from $15 to $25 per year.

GambaGirl

Anveo now charges $40/year for basic service that includes E911.

Ridiculous.

SteveInWA

So, switch to Callcentric.  E911 is $1.50/month, and you can bundle in 120 minutes of outbound calling per month, for 45 cents per month more.

jccpa

Quote from: SteveInWA on May 15, 2018, 02:06:27 PM
So, switch to Callcentric.  E911 is $1.50/month, and you can bundle in 120 minutes of outbound calling per month, for 45 cents per month more.

Is that the 'North America Basic' plan? What about the 'IP Freedom' plan...does it include 911- it has note on the page that you will be billed for 911 gov't fees.

I looked at their page. Do you have to choose BOTH incoming and outgoing plans, or just the NAB that you provision as the emergency calls line?

In addition, can the other locations (think remote office with another OBi device linked) also route out through that same line from the remote location for 911?

Very unlikely to need 911 from remote office, but would be nice just in case. The meat wagon has hauled me away twice in the past year ;)

zsak23

The information provided to 911 from CallCentric has to be configured with them.  If there are 2 physical locations that could be a problem.

jccpa

Quote from: zsak23 on May 20, 2018, 08:33:38 AM
The information provided to 911 from CallCentric has to be configured with them.  If there are 2 physical locations that could be a problem.

I'm okay with the requirement to verbally provide an address, just want the dialed number '911' to go through. Same as a cellphone