News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Rings once then disconnects (Google voice calls works on iPhone)

Started by Noobster, February 28, 2017, 04:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noobster

Rings once then disconnects (Google voice calls works on iPhone).  :-[

drgeoff

My crystal ball is not working today so I don't know what Obihai device you have, how it is configured, if it has ever worked or this is a new setup etc, etc, etc.

ameridan

I have a Obi200 and I'm having the same problem.  It is VERY frustrating!!!

It's been working for 2 years, but now when someone calls, I get "Incoming Call' and one ring and then nothing.  Not even a Caller ID to know who's calling.   The caller gets a message "Voicemail hasn't been setup".  If I go to the Google Voice screen, it does show who called.

My account is linked to Callcentric DID for e911 calls, my cell phone, and Hangouts.  Do Not Disturb is OFF.  Calls are also forwarded to Callcentric and my cell phone, and screen calls is ON.

I just want my phone calls to go to my house phones again.

SteveInWA

Quote from: ameridan on April 07, 2017, 03:58:41 PM
I have a Obi200 and I'm having the same problem.  It is VERY frustrating!!!

It's been working for 2 years, but now when someone calls, I get "Incoming Call' and one ring and then nothing.  Not even a Caller ID to know who's calling.   The caller gets a message "Voicemail hasn't been setup".  If I go to the Google Voice screen, it does show who called.

My account is linked to Callcentric DID for e911 calls, my cell phone, and Hangouts.  Do Not Disturb is OFF.  Calls are also forwarded to Callcentric and my cell phone, and screen calls is ON.

I just want my phone calls to go to my house phones again.

These symptoms indicate that you have a land line and/or cell phone number listed as a "linked" or "forwarding" telephone number on your Google Voice account, and that phone number is associated with a phone that is turned off or dead.  Google Voice doesn't play that recorded message; some other service provider (typically a mobile phone company) plays that message when it answers the call, and b) just as the message says, the voicemail box hasn't been set up.

So:  go look at your list of forwarding phone numbers on your Google Voice Settings page, and delete any numbers you no longer use.

ameridan

Steve, thank you so much!  I just got a new cell phone and hadn't setup voicemail on it.  Didn't know that would keep my house phones from working, but my 1st test call went thru.

FarmerObi

I was having the same issue. Deleted a suspected forwarding phone from my Google Voice account - no progress. Had to go into the LEGACY Google Voice site and delete the phone from there in addition to the NEW Google Voice site.
Maybe the two would have talked to each other eventually, but deleting from both solved my problem.