News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Callcentric-Obi202 setting's

Started by cici235, March 01, 2017, 06:36:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cici235

I followed CallCentric's instructions on changing the  ITSP Provisioning to disabled. If I a have a second extension should I also  perform the same steps under ITSP B General for my extension set up on SP2 (177784XXXXX101)?

CallCentric's instructions also tell me to disable OBiTALK Provisionings parameter name to "Disabled"

Looking throughout the Obi202 expert setup page I am unable to find this option anywhere? Am I missing something?

This is what my provisioning set up looks like.

drgeoff

Disabling Obitalk Provisioning is only applicable (and available) if you are configuring your OBi using its onboard web GUI via its local IP address. 'Disabled' prevents the portal (basic or expert modes) from configuring the OBi.  That is why the setting is not present on the portal.

The name field in your screenshot is merely for information/cosmetic purposes.  You can put what you like in there but your proposed '1777.....101' is fine.

To configure SP2 for the 101 extension click on Voice Services, then SP2 Service. Scroll down to SIP Credentials.  In the AuthUserName and AuthPassword fields enter what you have used for the 101 extension on the CC web site.

cici235

I am currently using Anveo and find the call flow very difficult to figure out.
My problem is I hate to experiment with my working phone system. I decided to buy an extra obi202 and try other providers.  So far I have found CallCentrics system a little easy to work through. The call treatments are not doing what I would like but I have only spent a short time playing with the settings.

I have been able to set up SP1 and SP2 showing both as registered. I get the same confirmation from CallCentric showing  the welcome message "YOUR PHONE IS REGISTERED" for both extensions. The system seems to be working properly and both lines ring out and can be answered as one would expect. It's what happens while both lines are in use that I'm struggling with (busy signal, or message Etc.). 

In your opinion does it sound like I'm ready to devote my time to the CallCentrics system and there call treatments?

Thank you so much for your help. Looking forward to never having to go back to AT&T and their $214.00 phone bill (two lines and that didn't include internet).

SteveInWA

It seems to me that you are creating unnecessary complexity and getting in over your head, by disabling the portal provisioning and getting into manual expert mode.  There is no need to do this at all.

Ignore Callcentric's setup guide.  If you have previously added the OBi to your OBiTALK portal dashboard, then log into the portal, and delete the OBi.  Pull the power cord and the Ethernet cord.  Plug in just the power cord and let it boot up.  Pick up the phone and key in ***8 and then 1 to restore it to factory defaults.  Pull the power cord and plug in the Ethernet cord, and then the power cord and let it reboot.

Now, you have a "virgin" OBi, ready to be added to the OBiTALK portal.  On the Portal, follow the "add device" procedure, keying in **5 etc.  Once the device is added, OBiTALK will walk you through configuration.  It will display a page of service providers (Google Voice, PhonePower, etc.).  Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the web page and select "OBiTALK Compatible Service Providers".  On the next page, click the Callcentric link.  This will load correct, preconfigured settings for Callcentric.  All you need to do on the next page is enter your Callcentric SIP credentials, and it will simply work, with less than 10 minutes of effort, to configure both SP1 and SP2 for your Callcentric DIDs.

cici235

Once again thank you for your expert advice.

Simple is what I looking for. This way if the Obi202 device ever fails it won't be a major undertaking to replace the hardware and make the required changes.

Should I consider testing any of the other Service provider's? Phonepower?

My needs are simple. A busy signal when a both extensions are in use. Caller waiting turned off and automatic failover to a cell phone in the event of hardware or internet failure?

Anveo
Asterisk Compatible System
Broadvox
Callcentric
Engin
flowroute
freephoneline
Google Voice
InPhonex
ippi
Localphone
OneSuite
Phonepower
RealCalls
RingCentral
Telecube
Twilio
Vitelity
voip.ms
VoIP2Go
VOIPo

Taoman

Quote from: cici235 on March 02, 2017, 05:17:44 AM

Should I consider testing any of the other Service provider's? Phonepower?

My needs are simple. A busy signal when a both extensions are in use. Caller waiting turned off and automatic failover to a cell phone in the event of hardware or internet failure?

AFAIK, Phonepower doesn't support extensions. The closest thing they have, I believe, is a "cloned" line which doesn't use a separate phone number.

In my view, VoIP.ms should be the second provider you should try out as they can easily meet your requirements at a cheaper rate than Callcentric..............although it sounds like price isn't much of an issue for you.

SteveInWA

By "extensions", I think the OP meant two different telephone numbers?  In any case, I agree, Callcentric or voip.ms would be fine.

cici235

Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into Voip as well.

I am a Cici's Pizza franchisee and just need one number.

What I do need is rollover capability. If someone calls the restaurant's number and we are taking an order and someone else calls in I need it to rollover to the second hand set on the Obi202. If a third person Calls in I need it to go to a busy signal. We are not equipped to talk to more than two of guests at a time. We do not like to put guests on hold.

Lavarock7

Voip.Ms can do this.

I replaced a 2 phone number telco account with one number and rollover.

Each port on an Obi202 is configured to a different subaccount (here I'll call phone1 and 2) on Voip.ms.

The inbound number is directed to phone1 and if busy to phone2. If phone2 is busy then a busy signal. No voicemail would be associated with the phones.

Alternatively you could create a ring group where both phones would ring at once and whomever picks up gets the call. I have not tested this with busy, etc, so it may not work, but a thought.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

Taoman

Quote from: Lavarock7 on March 03, 2017, 11:59:34 AM
If phone2 is busy then a busy signal.

Can't figure out how you're getting a busy signal on 2nd line if you're only using one number/DID?

I only see failover options on actual DIDs, not subaccounts. I can easily get phone1 to failover to phone2 if busy. But I see no way to get phone2 to failover to a busy signal since I can only edit the subaccount and editing the subaccount doesn't give you failover options. When I tested this with both phones busy on calls the calling party would hear standard ringback tone (not a busy signal) and the phones in use would flash a "call waiting" signal. That isn't what the OP wants.

What am I missing here? How did you accomplish this?

cici235

"Can't figure out how you're getting a busy signal on 2nd line if you're only using one number/DID?"

I wonder if this is why I am having so much trouble finding my the all illusive busy signal.

I have a couple of other stores that I would like to switch from Telco but want to my first sore to be exactly like I want before moving forward.

Taoman

Quote from: cici235 on March 04, 2017, 08:57:14 AM
"Can't figure out how you're getting a busy signal on 2nd line if you're only using one number/DID?"

I wonder if this is why I am having so much trouble finding my the all illusive busy signal.

I have a couple of other stores that I would like to switch from Telco but want to my first sore to be exactly like I want before moving forward.

Each "line" with VoIP.ms, including internal subaccount lines, has a minimum of two channels. Unless you can specifically route a line that is in use to a busy signal (like you can with a DID) I just don't see how that second line would ever present a busy signal for the third caller.

However, this can easily be accomplished with a 2nd DID. The easiest and cheapest way would be to just use an iNum DID that VoIP.ms gives out for free. There isn't a PSTN number associated with an iNum DID.
Incoming calls would route to primary number (phone1). If primary number is busy it routes to iNum line (phone2). If both phone1 and phone2 are in use it fails over to a busy signal. Again, this can be done because the iNum line is a DID and has failover options you can configure.

Taoman

Quote from: cici235 on March 04, 2017, 08:57:14 AM

I assume you're trying Callcentric? Shouldn't be difficult.

First, make sure your extensions have call waiting disabled.

Then make a call treatment using a hunting group.
First selection is your primary extension with your desired ring time.
Second selection is your 2nd extension with your desired ring time.
Sixth selection is busy tone.

cici235

Call hunting would have been my last option to try. I look forward to tying your suggestions.

You mention turning off Caller Waiting. The only option I find in  Callcetric's setup is under extensions and it only gives two options. "On" and "Send calls to error message".  The other option is to turn it off using the expert settings in the obi dashboard under the option "Physical interfaces".

Which is the correct setting or is there a 3rd option?

Thanks again!!!!

Taoman

Never even noticed Callcentric doesn't have an "off" selection for Call Waiting. How rude.

Yes, you'll need to uncheck the box in front of CallWaitingEnable on both Phone 1 and Phone 2 on your OBi. Seems to work although I don't have an OBi202 to test on.

cici235

Thank you everyone for all your help. I also took the suggestion from Callsentics help desk and the system is working as I would like.

I even have failover working. This is what they sent me in case anyone else is trying to accomplish the same outcome.

Rule 1: No active Registration send the calls to the Cellphone

---Under "Redirect call to:"---
1. Select This Number:
2. Enter your cell phone number

---Under "Status is:"---
3. Select Not registered (Leave "All my extensions" checked)
4. Click Save

Rule 2: If Extension 1 and Extension 2 are on a call, direct the call to a Busy Signal

1. Select Busy Tone

2. Select "I'm on a call" (Leave "All my extensions" checked)
3. Click Save

Rule 3: If Extension 1 is on a Call, direct the call to Extension 2

1. Select Ext. 101

2. Select "I'm on a call" & Check Ext. 100 only
3. Click Save

Rule 4: If Extension 2 is on a Call, direct the call to Extension 1

1. Select Ext. 100

2. Select "I'm on a call" & Check Ext. 101 only
3. Click Save

Rule 5: Ring Extension 1 and Extension 1 Simultaneously and failover to Busy Signal or Voicemail if there is no answer."

1. Select Simultaneous ringing
2. Send to my Extension and choose Ext 100
Send to my Extension and choose Ext 101

3. Select from the available failover routes (Busy Tone)
4. Click Save

SteveInWA

Good work!  Thanks for documenting it.

cici235

No the thanks is all mine. I spent hours and never could figure out how to get a busy signal using anveo when a 3rd person called in.

Some day when I have more time (Ha) I would like to try Voip.ms as well. The only way it seems that I can experiment with Voip.ms is by depositing $25.00 into the account.

CallCentric has been so good about responding and answering my questions it's hard not to just pull the trigger. I now plan to forwarding my calls (before porting the number) to the new obi202 device to determine if a per minute calling or a calling plan makes the most sense. I also have Google voice on SP3 set for outgoing calls.

SO MUCH SIMPLER THAN ANVEO!

Lavarock7

Quote from: cici235 on March 05, 2017, 01:37:44 PM
No the thanks is all mine. I spent hours and never could figure out how to get a busy signal using anveo when a 3rd person called in.

Some day when I have more time (Ha) I would like to try Voip.ms as well. The only way it seems that I can experiment with Voip.ms is by depositing $25.00 into the account.

CallCentric has been so good about responding and answering my questions it's hard not to just pull the trigger. I now plan to forwarding my calls (before porting the number) to the new obi202 device to determine if a per minute calling or a calling plan makes the most sense. I also have Google voice on SP3 set for outgoing calls.

SO MUCH SIMPLER THAN ANVEO!

Based upon an answer above, my solution at Voip.Ms may not work. I cannot test a third call in because the site is a dispatcher and I can't test without disrupting their business. I may have to duplicate the solution I suggested here at home and test that.

By the way, it was suggested you get an Inum. I add a free Inum to every account I set up for customers.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

cici235

I just Wiki'd Inum and it looks like I just need to request one from Callcentric. Thanks for the suggestion.