News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ressurecting an Obi110

Started by Tom520, March 06, 2017, 11:13:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom520

Warning right up front...I am NOT tech savvy so forgive my ineptitudes...

In the past I had this Obi110 that a friend set up for me with google voice to access a regular phone...things changed and I abandoned that set up and now want to go to it.

I've got a current google voice phone number that I can use to place and receive calls from my laptop.

I've set up the the 110 on ethernet to my router.   I have the "real" phone plugged into it. The Obi 110 attaches to my in house network via the ** call and shows on my dashboard as active.  I can not make the make call to the echo test - I get "no service configured" .    I've accessed the router (sometimes I surprise myself) and set the Obi IP to DMZ

When I attempt to configure for google voice I get the redirect to google voice, the acceptance of terms, the allow off line access, the confirm account.  It then goes into the configuration process for my SP1 and it stays in "configuring"  for 5 or more minutes.   After that I get that provider is google voice and that status is either "off line" or "error"

Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?   Thanks for your patience with this since I'm sure it's been asked over and over.

I've tried the self diagnostic - which is why I got into the router and changed that switch.

Jackson

Turn off any ad blocking or try another browser.

drgeoff

Quote from: Jackson on March 06, 2017, 01:28:33 PM
Turn off any ad blocking or try another browser.
Sorry, but that has no bearing on the inability to reach the echo test number.

Jackson

"It then goes into the configuration process for my SP1 and it stays in "configuring"  for 5 or more minutes."
Should not take that long.

dircom

I would update the firmware first, before I did anything else.