News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Cordless to Show GV Contacts?

Started by MichelWelding, March 03, 2017, 03:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichelWelding

I'm looking for a cordless phone to get for the office that will show my contacts as the caller id? I don't need an answering machine, I don't need it to sync with my cell phone...just something basic.

I googled, and have gone through threads, but I'm coming up empty. I figured I would turn to the experts...

LTN1

My older AT&T Dect 6.0 Cordless 4-handset, model CL83463, shows the caller ID name from the programmed directory. I'm sure if you go with that model and newer comparable models, it would do the same for you.

Here's a link on Amazon for used/refurbished CL83463: https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00BUCU9CQ/ref=dp_olp_all_mbc?ie=UTF8&condition=all

I would also search at Staples and Office Depot for upgrade models with better features that will do what you want.

SteveInWA

I think Michel was asking if there was a phone that could import/use/display the contacts from his Google Voice account, not just display contacts manually keyed into the phone's own directory.

I don't know of any standard (not VoIP) DECT phones that can do that, but you might do some searching of features, to see if one of the vendors has a contacts download feature.  This would be some PC-based program that imports the GV (or Outlook) contact DB and then converts and syncs it with the phone.  I have a Gigaset VoIP DECT phone that can do that.

The other option is to subscribe to the paid OBiEXTRAs service, which provides Google Contacts sync and display, or buy an OBi IP phone, which can download Google Contacts directly to the phone, at no charge.

LTN1

You're probably right Steve. Though depending on how many contacts he has, it may be worth it to spend 30 minutes to key the name and number into an analog cordless that is used with the OBi since they cost a lot less than VoIP cordless.

If money is not at issue, then a dual VoIP and analog phone here can do lots of what the OP is asking for...including importing contacts from other sources. See http://www.smithgear.com/gigaset-dx800a.html and get the accessory handsets (up to six). As for GV contacts, save it in CSV format and that should import also.

But if I had less than 80 contacts that I really needed, I'd buy an AT&T cordless system with multiple handsets that I mentioned...spend no more than an hour to input the name and phone number--all for probably less than $100. I purchased mine a few years ago at Staples for $60 on sale--and it came with the base station and 3 additional handsets.

MichelWelding

I could of sworn I posted back the other day? It must not have gone through.

Ideally I'd want a cheap phone that could sync with my contacts. They are ever changing, so that won't work. I'm still looking....

BigJim_McD

Quote from: MichelWelding on March 09, 2017, 09:43:21 AM

Ideally I'd want a cheap phone that could sync with my contacts. They are ever changing, so that won't work. I'm still looking....

MichelWelding,  Have you checked out:

VTech DECT 6.0 Cordless Phones with Bluetooth Connect to Cell?

We used a VTech Phone with Bluetooth Connect to Cell 3 or 4 years ago.  After adding, deleting or updating Google Contacts that my Android phone used for my phone contact list, I would update the contact list on the VTech phone from my mobile phone via Bluetooth.  The phone was a good solution until it failed after about two years of use.

Example:
VTech DS6621-2 DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone with Bluetooth Connect to Cell/Answering System.

• DECT 6.0 Digital technology
• Digital answering system
• Store 1000 directories from up to 2 different cell phones
• Eliminate cell phone dead spots at home
• Caller ID/Call Waiting

https://www.amazon.com/VTech-DS6621-2-Cordless-Bluetooth-Answering/dp/B00KJJCL9K/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1489176997&sr=8-2&keywords=vtech+phones+bluetooth
BigJimMcD