News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google voice not ringing phone for numbers NOT in Groups and Circles. HELP.

Started by pointbob, March 09, 2017, 12:00:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pointbob

This is beyond bizarre...I've been using GV and obi200 for years.

Recently something changed on Google voice and at first now anyone calling my GV number gets sent to voicemail. I checked settings and in groups and circles I saw I had both Google Talk (my home number and mobile BOTH checked). I unchecked mobile and left GTalk checked.

Then I tried calling my google talk (from my mobile number ~ its in my groups/circles) and it DID ring.

BUT....Now when anyone NOT on my groups and circles (anonymous) my google talk number does not ring and goes straight to voicemail.. So if my bank calls...I cannot talk to them until checking if they left a message...

Anonymous calls do appear in the history section of google voice - so they are getting thru somewhat..just not ringing

I'm really frustrated. I'm using obi and it is configured correctly with google voice.
Help (I've attached my GV settings images)

pic upload

Taoman

Quote from: pointbob on March 09, 2017, 12:00:58 PM

I unchecked mobile and left GTalk checked.

Then I tried calling my google talk (from my mobile number ~ its in my groups/circles) and it DID ring.

BUT....Now when anyone NOT on my groups and circles (anonymous) my google talk number does not ring and goes straight to voicemail.. So if my bank calls...I cannot talk to them until checking if they left a message...

Your statements do not match your images. You say you "left GTalk checked" yet the first image you posted shows it is not checked. Which is it?

If Google Chat and your cell phone number really are both currently unchecked then of course inbound calls (with no corresponding Contact) will go straight to voicemail.

Edit: You also seem to have a fundamental misunderstanding of what "Anonymous Callers" means. It refers to someone who has blocked their incoming phone number from your view. It does not mean someone who is not in your Contacts.